Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Playgroup Drama ------ What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
So... one of the moms from the playgroup / moms group I'm in has aaid lots of bad things about other moms... criticizing, complaining, talking about another mom's marriage probs, you name it. So I told her, as kindly as possibly and in a non-condescending way to please not tell me anything negative about the other moms. She told me I was "overeacting" and rudely told me I was "hard to talk to", then said she needed to get off the phone. What would you have done? What would you do now?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I wouldn't be friends outside of the playgroup

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I wouldn't be friends outside of the playgroup

I agree. Thx for your comment
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I would've done the same and I'm willing to bet she's on the phone with one of those mom's she was gossiping about, telling her how "difficult" you are.

I don't associate with people like that. I have less friends because of it.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I would just not talk to her outside of the playgroup, maybe try telling one more time that you like her as a person and she sweet and funny but you dont like trash talking other moms and critizing their parenting?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Yep, I'm sure you're right. She's probaby taked about me alot before this though.

Quoting Motherof3inNJ:

I would've done the same and I'm willing to bet she's on the phone with one of those mom's she was gossiping about, telling her how "difficult" you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Meh. You asked for it as far as I'm concerned. Some people are annoying like that, but calling her out puts you down on the same level. You don't get to decide what is appropriate behavior/talk and what is not. If you don't like how she is then don't associate with her. But don't tell someone something like that and expect a peachy reaction.
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Of course she has.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, I'm sure you're right. She's probaby taked about me alot before this though.

Quoting Motherof3inNJ:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Well what else should I have done?

Cover my ears and say "I can't hear you!" when she started talkig about someone?

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh. You asked for it as far as I'm concerned. Some people are annoying like that, but calling her out puts you down on the same level. You don't get to decide what is appropriate behavior/talk and what is not. If you don't like how she is then don't associate with her. But don't tell someone something like that and expect a peachy reaction.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM

thanks everyone for your comments

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Oh grow up. You're choosing to associate with a person so deal with the fact that they aren't exactly like you. Or maybe they are and that is why you are overly sensitive to it? Seriously, who cares. Don't associate with her or just be polite and ignore it. You won't die from having to listen to someone else be annoying for one minute.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well what else should I have done?

Cover my ears and say "I can't hear you!" when she started talkig about someone?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)