Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

High Calorie foods?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 49 Replies

I need to put weight on my dd. Shes 5 and weighs 29lbs...shes lost weight since her well check up in September, and her doctor is worried. So I am making a meal plan (heres hoping I can stick to it lol) from now until payday (the 15th)...so gimme what you got

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jesistar6910
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Does she take vitmins? How many times is she eating a day? What types of foods is she eating?

missamanda86
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM

She takes flinstones vitamins everyday, she eats 3 meals, plus snacks all day. She isnt really picky as long as she sees me eat whatever it is I cook lol. She just got over a tummy bug, so she hasnt really eaten a lot in 4 days. I think she just has a fast metabolism, because shes always been small...but her doctors want me to put weight on her, so I am gonna give it my best shot

Quoting jesistar6910:

Does she take vitmins? How many times is she eating a day? What types of foods is she eating?

ashley9603
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM

My son has always been a little on the lighter side,so his dietician suggests carnation instant breakfast 2 times a day in addition to his regular meals and snacks.I add olive oil to his yogurts,puddings(I know it sounds gross lol,but it has helped him gain)I also make homemade smoothies as well.Also pick yogurts with high fat content.There is a difference between healthy fats thats kids need for growth and bad fats that are found in fast food ets.My son eats healthy and his weight gain has been steady.

missamanda86
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Oh no, we dont do fast food lol. Maybe once every few months if that. Ill try the olive oil trick! And I am going to get some carnation and maybe pediasure or ensure too. 

Quoting ashley9603:

My son has always been a little on the lighter side,so his dietician suggests carnation instant breakfast 2 times a day in addition to his regular meals and snacks.I add olive oil to his yogurts,puddings(I know it sounds gross lol,but it has helped him gain)I also make homemade smoothies as well.Also pick yogurts with high fat content.There is a difference between healthy fats thats kids need for growth and bad fats that are found in fast food ets.My son eats healthy and his weight gain has been steady.

jesistar6910
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Good luck. Sounds like a fast metabolism to me. Try adding some higher protein foods (peanut/almond butter, hummus, beans and the like) to add some pounds.

Quoting missamanda86:

She takes flinstones vitamins everyday, she eats 3 meals, plus snacks all day. She isnt really picky as long as she sees me eat whatever it is I cook lol. She just got over a tummy bug, so she hasnt really eaten a lot in 4 days. I think she just has a fast metabolism, because shes always been small...but her doctors want me to put weight on her, so I am gonna give it my best shot

Quoting jesistar6910:

missamanda86
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Oh I am! Lots of meat and nuts and stuff like that

Quoting jesistar6910:

Good luck. Sounds like a fast metabolism to me. Try adding some higher protein foods (peanut/almond butter, hummus, beans and the like) to add some pounds.

Quoting missamanda86:

Quoting jesistar6910:

ashley9603
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM

No we dont do sad meals....only once in a blue moon if I dont want to cook lol,however olive oil has the healthy fats,plus different yogurts you can try as well.With the carnation instant breakfast I add whole milk,strawberries,banana's...I make it nice and thick and he loves it.I usually give it to him something on the side like a piece of toast.He usually eats every few hours.Im experiementing with a few different foods....its weird my son is trying to gain and my dd is trying to maintain lose weight....as you can see we all eat differently lol.

Quoting missamanda86:

Oh no, we dont do fast food lol. Maybe once every few months if that. Ill try the olive oil trick! And I am going to get some carnation and maybe pediasure or ensure too. 

Quoting ashley9603:

.stella.
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM

peanut butter, avocado..

missamanda86
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Sad meals lol!! I bet if I made the carnation into shakes with yogurt and fruit she'd love that and it would be good for her!

Quoting ashley9603:

No we dont do sad meals....only once in a blue moon if I dont want to cook lol,however olive oil has the healthy fats,plus different yogurts you can try as well.With the carnation instant breakfast I add whole milk,strawberries,banana's...I make it nice and thick and he loves it.I usually give it to him something on the side like a piece of toast.He usually eats every few hours.Im experiementing with a few different foods....its weird my son is trying to gain and my dd is trying to maintain lose weight....as you can see we all eat differently lol.

Quoting missamanda86:

Quoting ashley9603:

missamanda86
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM

She wanted pb & j for breakfast loL!! And she LOVES avocado

Quoting .stella.:

peanut butter, avocado..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN