Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would your HOA allow this?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have been calling the head of this association for 3 weeks. I apparently keep missing her. So here is my question.

I have a great pyrenees that keeps jumping the fence in our backyard. The thing is he stays in the carport and sometimes goes into the front yard.  He NEVER gets out of our yard.  I'm not sure if this would be considered bad and I should leash him or if he's ok?

What do you think?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Replies (41-43):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

No unleashed dogs are allowed unless they are fenced in.  Doesn't matter here if it's in your own yard or not.  And that's a city law, not just an HOA thing.

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

We have leash laws in my state and if you don't have your dog on a leash you can get fined like 200 bucks.   I find it rude to not leash a dog because some people are afraid of dogs.   Also, even if a dog is "nice", if it feels at all threatened it can attack an innocent person. (like a child that gets in the yard or tries to pet  it or a runner running by etc) 

I'm sure its an awesome dog that is JMO.

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM
That sounds like a great sign. Will you make a copy for me? ;)

Quoting MicheleJM:

How about a sign that says I have a damned dog...the aforementioned dog won't hurt anyone's sue happy ass but in case you are the type to cause trouble here's MY mention that there is a damned dog in or around this house.  He/she is crated, leashed or fenced in and now you know a canine lives here. You don't like it go away.  In fact unless you are a long lost rich relative or from the Publisher's clearinghouse with the big check go away period.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Beware of dog signs actually work against you. The better way to go is to put up a no trespassing sign and register that sign with the local sheriff's office. If you use a beware of dog sign, be prepared to be sued with the people saying that you had prior knowledge that your dog was just oh so dangerous and would bite them. Stupid, I know. But true.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Then I might do an electric invisible fence in the front yard boundaries and put up a beware of dog sign just to cover your butt.

Quoting mamabear55:

nope, our neighbors love him!

Quoting MicheleJM:

Are there complaints? If so, build him a run maybe in the back yard, enclosed or at least run the leash on a pulley along a clothesline type of deal where he can really run. I dont like dogs left alone on leashes...they can get tangled. If no complaints I wouldnt worry. I have no HOA though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)