Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

fil hit on me, do I tell DH? UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I tell DH?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

Last night, FIL stopped by to pick up a video game DH was letting him borrow. DH was still at work and the kids were in bed. I invited FIL in and went to get the game. FIL started talking about how lucky his son was to have suck an amazing wife who cooks and cleans and still looks fantastic after 3 kids and then starts talking about how non of that can be said about MIL (who he is married to).

He gives me a hug and then goes to grab my ass. I pulled back and told him he was out of line. He then procedes to tell me that most women have affairs and if I had one with him, there would be no risk because if I got pregnant, no one would be the wiser. I told him to leave and was so grosses out. FIL looks a bit like DH but with a beer gut that makes him look pregnant, is balding and just old.

DH will be home from work soon (he didn't get home till midnight last night and had to leave at 8 am so there was no chance to talk to him). I know if I tell him, this will cause a huge family strife that will probably only end when FIL is dead. At the same time, I don't know what else to do.

DH got home about 30 minutes ago. I told him what had  happened and he is livid. He said he doesn't blame me and he was sorry that his dad put me in that situation. First, he called his mom (his dad won't be home yet) and told her. He said she was so upset but FIL will probably convince her it's not true. Then he called FIL and told him that I told him what happened and that he is no longer welcome in our home, around us or around our children and that he doesn't want to hear an explanation because there is none. He told FIL that he is a pathetic excuse for a man and that he is done with him. DH wanted to go cool off by playing video games so that is where he is now. I kind of feel bad for MIL because not only did DH tell her everything FIL said but now she basically has to chose who to believe.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM

BUMP!

atyou
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this
If it made you THAT uncomfortable, than you should definitely tell your husband.

Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Honestly, I would tell him.  He'll pick up on SOMETHING when FIL acts funny at another function, or your sudden disinterest in doing normal family functions while he is around, kwim?

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Fuck yes you tell.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I'd say something.  He was way out of line and might try something again if given the chance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Yup, I'd tell him.
logansmommy612
by Amanda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I voted no but honestly i have no clue. Maybe you should. Depends on your husband an di fyou could stand to be around FIL again. That was so innapropriate and weird, he should think of you like a daughter...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell, he's your husband and deserves to know. Will it cause drama? Probably, but your FIL started it by sexually harassing you.

KristenandCaleb
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Eeewww tell him, that is gross!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)