Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you say something...

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 24 Replies
if a receptionist at a dr's office or a nurse is rude/bitchy/etc? Receptionist gave me an attitude bc I said my pain was a 7 now and she said "You seem pretty calm for a 7." Um. What? Perhaps my pain tolerance is higher than yours?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Just roll your eyes and ignore her

Groove
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this
You couldve punched her and said

That must feel like a level 10! Huh?
Lol
Jk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't tell on them if that's what you mean, but I don't walk away with out them knowing not to speak to me that way.
Groove
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I didn't say anything. I wanted to bc dammit, I don't feel well. WHICH IS WHY I AM HERE. A 10 for me was when my kidney was bleeding, blocked, and infected. But I wasn't screaming and hollering. I was crying, but not acting like a fool.

Quoting SnapIt:

Lol

Jk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Depends on my mood, honestly.  I don't go tattling, I file a formal complaint if it was warranted.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I would. She has no right to assume you arent in pain. Its her job to assist you and be friendly. My dss first peditrician had such a rude front desk nurse that I told the Dr.(i knew her from being my peditrician) that her new help literally scoffed at me for asking to use a pen. Like a loud noticable annoyed scoff! She wasnt fired but talked to, i still switched cause i wasnt dealing with all that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Nurses can get to be kind of callous after years on the job. My mom and my sister are RN's, and I have heard a lot of water cooler talk growing up amongst nurses. My sister went into the field wanting to save the world. These days, its a paycheck to her and she hates it. She says things like, "They had better be bleeding out thier eyeballs if they're gonna punch that call button again!" They also get a lot of people in thier offices looking for easy pills. They really can't trust anyone like that and it can come across as being rude. I just ignore them when they're bitchy. They usually treat you worse when you're rude back to them.

Groove
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
No I don't mean tattling on them. I meant saying something to them. I'm not a confrontational person at all but when I'm sick/in pain, I get quite bitchy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't tell on them if that's what you mean, but I don't walk away with out them knowing not to speak to me that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberlynn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Nah, she should say that that is what my 7 feels like. I'll come punch you again when I hit 8, 9, and 10! LOL! I'm kidding also.

Quoting SnapIt:

Lol

Jk
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)