Anyways I'm having a procedure done on April 16 for my back problems (ya know, the ones so many like to say I don't have). The procedure is done in a surgical setting and I will be sedated. They will then use an X-ray to place 6 very precise injections right where my rib cage meets my spine. Then they will use a tool to burn and cauterize the surrounding nerves.
I'm very nervous but my dr said I have a 50% chance of it completley fixing my pain. 25% chance of it being a temporary fix or having some improvement but not total and 25% chance of it not helping. Those odds are sounding pretty good compared to other options I've been given.
So I'm just wondering of anyone else has had this done and what your experience was and what was your outcome.
Again, sorry I can't remember the name of it. When dh gets home I can go get the papers out of his car and edit with the name
Ok I'm looking at my "authorization and consent to surgery" form and it is called :
Multilevel bilateral costravertable (sp?? Messy dr hand writing :/) joint injections.