Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All black schools????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I never knew of any all black schools.Where are these schools because if they are much cheaper than the schools that are mixed as you would say I would definitely apply there?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Never seen any either!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM

In my area it would be really nice if the schools were segregated.  There's a lot of violence here within the black community against each other.  They mostly segregate themselves anyway by choice.

I wish they could just get along but apparently that's too much to ask.  It's really bad and doesn't really start happening until middle and high school.  A learned behavior imo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I went to all black school in elementary school it was horrible and traumatizing I was beaten, strangled, backed into corners all because I was the tiny white girl. To this day I still have horrible panic attacks if we go through heavy populations of black people. I don't mean to still be afraid I just can't help it. I'm a lot better than I was when I was little

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM
North Carolina A&T is a historically black college. Now it's open to everyone but it's mainly black. It's a great school and put out some of the top black engineers and such.

ETA: your post sounds awfully racist. Just because it's not 'mixed', it's cheaper?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM
You took my post as racist. The school I go to now just from 2 years I probably owe close to 10,000 dollars.

Quoting Anonymous:

North Carolina A&T is a historically black college. Now it's open to everyone but it's mainly black. It's a great school and put out some of the top black engineers and such.

ETA: your post sounds awfully racist. Just because it's not 'mixed', it's cheaper?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
But just because it's all black it will be cheaper. If you want cheaper, ask for that. Assuming an all black school is cheaper does come off as racist. Would an all Asian school also be cheaper?

Quoting Anonymous:

You took my post as racist. The school I go to now just from 2 years I probably owe close to 10,000 dollars.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I went to an elementary school that had 5 white kids total and 1 white teacher per grade besides 4th(which was mine). It was weird for my brother, sister, and self. They talked about my sister right behind her in line and the only thing I was ever called was white girl. We didn't stay for a week because we were moving anyway and it was really uncomfortable. That school was cheap, very unfunded. There weren't enough books for everybody in the class and we had to ride city busses to school. That was in Macon, GA. After we left we saw some people on the news saying they weren't given enough funding because the school board was racist and I noticed the kids in my 4th grade class were way behind me and all the other schools I went to. They couldn't add in the hundreds and I was through division in 3rd in my school before that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tharealty2
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I'm not sure if you are referring to colleges or what.  There are not all black schools though, whether it be HBCU's or what - there are predominantly black schools just like there are predominantly white schools, although there are many, many more predominantly white schools and the predominantly black schools are generally more diverse.  In terms of costs, all public schools are free and costs for colleges aren't based on the demographics in terms of race of the enrolled students.

LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Are u speaking of colleges? As in historically black colleges and universities? If so, i can assure you that they are not all black just when established, they were established during a time where colleges were segregated
_ClearFruit_
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I doubt they're any cheaper
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)