Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you keep your toy room picked up?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you make your kids keep their toy room picked up or is it usually a mess? If you have a toy/play room in your house that is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Replies (21-28):
NESmith63
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Yes. Our play room is in the basement (its finished) and it is always kept picked up. The kids put whatever they were using away before they move to the next thing. I go down at night to tidy up if needed but they are usually really good about it.
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Yes, it is also the main daycare area so it has to stay pretty clean. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM
His toys are in his bedroom so yes they always get picked up.
FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM

No play room just her room...its clean almost all the time. She has 15 mins to do any chores for the day to recieve points on her reward chart. She doesn't have to, she can play instead but she likes the rewards :-)

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM

It is kept picked up. Even kids can find chaos and messes very uncomfortable.  Whenever a certain friend of mine comes over with her children, my son will not play in the playroom, because her children are so destructive. They take everything out and just trash it and my son finds that way too obnoxious. So if we did not keep it picked up, my son would never play in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM

my house is lived in- but is clean!!! and  yes they have to pick their toys up everyday

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Yes,  I make them pick it up daily but somedays it's messy. It's the one room I'm lax on some days, lol

BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM
This, exactly.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Yes. It gets completely picked up 1-2 times per day and thoroughly cleaned every week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)