Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dog ate staples!!! Pic included.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

My poor puppy!! I have a 4 month old Shepard, retriever, lab mix and he was throwing up on Friday and Saturday so I brought him to the vet. They took an X-ray and found 13 STAPLES in his stomach!!! He had to have emergency surgery and luckily they were all attached to some sort of carpet fiber (we don't have carpet tho...) so they all came out at once. Even better they did absolutely no damage to his intestine or anything else. I brought him home today and he is acting like his normal happy self.

I have NO idea where he could have possibly gotten staples. They were all open and as I said we don't have carpet so he didn't chew up a corner or anything. He is not really a chewer or a dog who gets into everything so it's very very confusing. He is always crated when we are not home and never left alone in a room long. I am just so glad he is ok!!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yikesitsmindy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Yikes. He probably ate the staples before you had him and they were not the cause of his bellyache, but I am glas he is ok!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM
The vet didn't think so. He thinks since they didn't do any damage inside him that they were only in there a couple days before I brought him in.

Quoting yikesitsmindy:

Yikes. He probably ate the staples before you had him and they were not the cause of his bellyache, but I am glas he is ok!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Bump!
lili_monkey
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Maybe from some furniture?

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Ouff. happy hes okay. Maybe he found them outside. Is it spring clean-up where you live right now? 

iea13
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM
This happened to my dog.so scary.hope your pup feels better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN