Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS *Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Has anyone ever had to call Child Protective Services on the non custodial parent of your child? What happened?

eta: In case someone asks the reasons are : No heat, no running water, no toilet only a hole in the bathroom floor, no bed, never very much food. Son comes home consistently sick after visits (throwing up) and hungry, never changes clothes, on drugs (hard to prove I guess). Also a bunch of stuff I consider emotional abuse that CPS probably won't care about.

Update: Well I made a report to CPS and took him to the doctor who also made a report to CPS and they said there wasn't enough to act on at the moment. They still have not investigated anything. Hopefully I will have enough money soon to take my ex husband to court for a visitation modification. I just want my son in a safer environment.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Not yet, but depending on the future I might...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Yes. Since the children weren't maimed and hospitalized as a result the case was found "unfounded" and I was forced to send my children back for visitation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM
We call regularly for my step kids. Apparently unless CPS is actually standing there when the abuse occurs they dont care...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I'm 100% sure there is no physical abuse occurring.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. Since the children weren't maimed and hospitalized as a result the case was found "unfounded" and I was forced to send my children back for visitation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Then they won't do shit. I had child advocates, DR's, police and lawyers on my side saying there was abuse and still nothing was done. basically because none of my children died from it they didn't care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I'm kind of worried about this. I am also expecting serious backlash from him as he's not mentally stable.

Quoting Anonymous:

We call regularly for my step kids. Apparently unless CPS is actually standing there when the abuse occurs they dont care...

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Document it, I'd call CPS and file for a change in visitation.

Some times you just have to punt the ball.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Document everything, and just keep calling. Eventually someone will listen (at least that is what I keep telling myself)

Not all CPS is bad, we are just in a unique situation with small town bullshit, where the CPS person knows the family, and "they would never do that" Oh and apparently an 8 year old is not reliable enough to know how he got a black eye, he might be confused about if he was actually punched, or if he just fell down like the adults say.... *eyeroll*

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm kind of worried about this. I am also expecting serious backlash from him as he's not mentally stable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Set his ass up. Idk how but give them something they can use
enlightened_24
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM

You can send them an anonymous complaint online but IDK how far it goes past that...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)