Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS *Update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Has anyone ever had to call Child Protective Services on the non custodial parent of your child? What happened?

eta: In case someone asks the reasons are : No heat, no running water, no toilet only a hole in the bathroom floor, no bed, never very much food. Son comes home consistently sick after visits (throwing up) and hungry, never changes clothes, on drugs (hard to prove I guess). Also a bunch of stuff I consider emotional abuse that CPS probably won't care about.

Update: Well I made a report to CPS and took him to the doctor who also made a report to CPS and they said there wasn't enough to act on at the moment. They still have not investigated anything. Hopefully I will have enough money soon to take my ex husband to court for a visitation modification. I just want my son in a safer environment.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (21-28):
EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM

cps is useless. im so glad i don't have to deal with my ds's bio. i would be in jail already.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Call the electric company and verify services being shut off, call the health department and definitely call cps. They will make a check.  Also submit a visitation modification with the courts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
He has electricity just no heat and no water. His dad gave him the house and it needed lots of work. Missing important stuff like a toilet and a furnace. Can I call the water dept. and they'll give me info on not having water?

Quoting Anonymous:

Call the electric company and verify services being shut off, call the health department and definitely call cps. They will make a check.  Also submit a visitation modification with the courts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

He has electricity just no heat and no water. His dad gave him the house and it needed lots of work. Missing important stuff like a toilet and a furnace. Can I call the water dept. and they'll give me info on not having water?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes you can. Does he let you in the house? Maybe when you have to take your child to visit? If so take some pics with your cell. (Just mute it so it doesn't make any clicking sounds when you snap the pic)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
No he does drop offs and pick ups at my house per court order (I'm glad, I feel safer that way as he's very volatile with me at times.) The last time I was in his house was last summer. It was very clean in the living room, kitchen etc. but had the problems described above.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes you can. Does he let you in the house? Maybe when you have to take your child to visit? If so take some pics with your cell. (Just mute it so it doesn't make any clicking sounds when you snap the pic)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Bump for update
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Sadly enough, I have. My cousins wife likes to keep his niece for weeks or months at a time. While doing so they smoke pot around the kids. One day I walked into the home and they firing that shit up while kids were in the same room watching tv with them. I was so mad at them and had to do something. I called CPS and almost everyone in that house was arrested. They even had a kitten die because they were blowing weed into it's face. I begged them to give the kitten to me but wouldn't. They are some pretty stupid people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
People suck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly enough, I have. My cousins wife likes to keep his niece for weeks or months at a time. While doing so they smoke pot around the kids. One day I walked into the home and they firing that shit up while kids were in the same room watching tv with them. I was so mad at them and had to do something. I called CPS and almost everyone in that house was arrested. They even had a kitten die because they were blowing weed into it's face. I begged them to give the kitten to me but wouldn't. They are some pretty stupid people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured