Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenage sister

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I have just recently got in contact with my dads youngest daughter whom i have never met. She lives in another state. We only text. I found her through Facebook. She is 16 I'm 24. She Knew nothing about me. Didn't know i existed. Her mom said our father wanted nothing to do with her but she ran him off. he hadn't seen her since she was very young. He passed away in 2010 from cancer. I promised i would find her. I found her Facebook in August 2012. She finally text me in November.
We text the hello, how you doing, im fine how are you.,stuff. Anytime i try to get to know her she stops replying then texts me a couple days later the hello stuff. I don't know what to do. I just don't want to lose her or scare her away. Any tips for me??
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Bump
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:31 PM

no tips lol. i have two teenaged sisters and i've known them since they were born and i still have trouble connecting with them. i gave up lol. we are FB friends and i 'like' and comment on their photos and they do the same, but we don't really talk. i figure someday they will become adults and then we'll have something in common. i am just trying to stay in touch in the meantime.

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I found out I had an older sister when I was 20 years old. She's 5 years old than me. It was awkward and she too had never known about me. She lives in another state. It took time. But we have a relationship now. I have a brother that is younger I found out about 3 years ago. That one was weird. I knew him! But never knew he was my brother. So that made it weird. We text every now and then. 

My advice is just keep in touch. Maybe write her a letter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM
She just texts me when she wants. Never answers when i text. Its frustrating. Lol

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I found out I had an older sister when I was 20 years old. She's 5 years old than me. It was awkward and she too had never known about me. She lives in another state. It took time. But we have a relationship now. I have a brother that is younger I found out about 3 years ago. That one was weird. I knew him! But never knew he was my brother. So that made it weird. We text every now and then. 

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Think of it this way. She does not know you, she never has. This is all new to her. If you have her address send her letter. Tell her about you and your kids. Tell her that you would like to build a relationship with her. Leave your dad out of it unless she brings it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

She just texts me when she wants. Never answers when i text. Its frustrating. Lol

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I don't have her address. I've shared lots of stuff with her. I guess there isn't much else i can do. Just wait til she grows up a little more...

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Think of it this way. She does not know you, she never has. This is all new to her. If you have her address send her letter. Tell her about you and your kids. Tell her that you would like to build a relationship with her. Leave your dad out of it unless she brings it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM

That's all you can do. Maybe someday she will return the favor. If she doesnt it sucks, but at least you tried.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have her address. I've shared lots of stuff with her. I guess there isn't much else i can do. Just wait til she grows up a little more...

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I hope she does. Her and my son are all that's left of my dad.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

That's all you can do. Maybe someday she will return the favor. If she doesnt it sucks, but at least you tried.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

lilredrosetears
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Omg i recently got in contact with my stepsister and she is 16 also...she is so damn weird im like what is wrong with this kid but what i remember about her mom she was bat shit crazy also...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Teenagers are so different from when i was one. That wasn't so long ago either. She likes to listen to lots of music, like scream and hard core rock. And techno. we have nothing in common. She's likes talking about getting high and sneaking out. Well..when she actually decides to open up a little. I've already done that stuff and now my life is being a mommy.

Quoting lilredrosetears:

Omg i recently got in contact with my stepsister and she is 16 also...she is so damn weird im like what is wrong with this kid but what i remember about her mom she was bat shit crazy also...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured