Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to leave my family *update* v)*

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 50 Replies
8 moms liked this

Thanks Mamas for not making me feel like a selfish momster! I thought for sure I'd get bashed for this post and instead I got laughs and moms who could relate. You guys made me feel much better! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has these moments!!!
Thanks for being groovy chics!

I am having one of those moments that as mothers we don't like to acknowledge that we have.
I want to run straight out my front door with a nice outfit, my makeup bag and hair styling products and go straight to my single girlfriends house and never return. I want the wine and cigarettes I indulged in guilt free in my youth. I want attention from attractive men and women. I want freedom and my own space and I want to make decisions based on what I want and not what someone else needs.
I don't want to be criticized by my tired husband. I don't want to be whined at by my over Easter candied 4 yr old or told by my 7 yr old that the dinner I made is "the worst thing I've ever tasted". I don't want the dog staring at me while I clean up the "horrible tasting" dinner while everyone else relaxes in the livingroom because I am the only one who feeds or lets him out. I don't want to get the snacks and the drinks they will ask for as soon as I sit down. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THE WORD MOM ONE MORE TIME!
Yes, I'm feeling a little selfish at the moment. Yes, I love them dearly and they give my life meaning and purpose. No, I would never actually do it, but it does not change the fact that as of this moment, more than anything else, I just want out.
Who's with me?!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I'd like to run away from my job!
valeriesmom1112
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Right now i feel so stressed i want to go smoke a cigarette or a joint. Although i dont do either, i have the urge to smoke right now. Also i went to Wal-Mart by myself earlier and it was like a vacation lmao but my main issue right now is my in laws staying with us and my 3 and 10 yr old BIL are getting on my fucking nerves. My dd is even getting on my nerves! Ugh i want to just be myself
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Me.

But about 15 minutes after I leave, I'd miss them too much, and come back.

XD
ACDC_fan
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
3 moms liked this

That's when I pack a bowl ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh god yes. I had that today when I went to fix lunch(after being asked 80x in 1min) to find the kitchen a disaster complete with raw chicken chunks dh left out all night.
Yesterday after coming home from work having to pee bad and finding poo smeared on the floor( the joys of a 3yrold training), that I KNOW dh had to have seen. I just wanted to pee without fear of foot disease.
Everyday when I seem to be the only one the kids will ask for snacks/drinks from, the second I sit down.

Yeah I feel the same and I'm only 24, sometimes I want to be like my 24yr old friends!
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I've had days like that. I would yell at my dh to get off his ass.

lauraschatz
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it would take me at least 15 hours to miss them at this point!

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Me.

XD

barneysaid
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM
3 moms liked this
I feel the same way sometimes. I'm tired all the time & it seems that my kiddos always ask me for stuff. Uhg..... They have a dad too. Dammit!!!
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
You need a girls night out!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Whats causing you to stress so much? Maybe talking about it can help?

Quoting lauraschatz:I think it would take me at least 15 hours to miss them at this point!

Quoting Ninjascreenname:Me.

XD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN