Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Condescending Dieters- pet peeve

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok I have a new pet peeve... People who are in a diet kick and then criticize the rest if us people who eat whatever we feel.

Ill admit I'm 120 and exercise 3-4 days a week. I don't exercise to loose weight and happy with my body image. But don't say bagels are evil while you clearly see me eating one and bash indulging in chocolate or heaven forbid a slice of pizza!!! What am I going to explode after I eat this bread role??? I like variety of healthy and junk food... What is so wrong with that???

Errr it's really ignorant if you ask me. Glad you peeps on a diet are making a life style choice but keep your nose leveled about it. End rant!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHourglass
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I'm on a diet. I could care less what you eat. but i'm pretty jealous that you get chocolate.

Mama_Dolly
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

*brush your shoulder off* I just go, meh... and go back to whatever I am doing...

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg I know!!!! During St Pats I was drinking a mixed drink with OJ in it. One of my friends said to me "do you KNOW how many calories are in that juice?" Um no.....nor do I care, I'm here to get drunk. Sheesh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this

They're usually the ones sneaking snicker bars too.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I have the opposite problem where dont tell me that I need to lose some weight and then buy me a pie! 

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:54 AM

have you tried dark chocolate?  It is actually considered very healthy for you and a little goes a long way.  I usually have it with some almonds to cut its strength.   

Quoting LucyHourglass:

I'm on a diet. I could care less what you eat. but i'm pretty jealous that you get chocolate.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I agree! Just because someone else is on a diet doesn't mean they should try and guilt me for eating what I want to... I'm sorry that I was blessed with a high metabolism. Don't hang out with me if it bothers you so much!

WashingtonMom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I hear ya!! My deskmate at work says all day long how she is supposedly eating healthier but she grazes all day on crackers and snacks and things!!! I know exactly what I eat and why I'm fat... lol but a box of wheat thins is not healthy to eat all at once just because it has "wheat" in the name!! 

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:59 AM

They have to put down your food choices to convince themselves not to tackle you and stuff it down their gullet...haha...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I have a pet peeve too!

i hate when I'm dieting and some skinny chick comes onto Cafemom and brags about how much she can eat and not gain weight.

smdh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN