Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the ONLY one? Hubby told me I needed to quit being a baby UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
I am terrified of driving long trips by myself, especially at night. I have to head out of town tomorrow night. I have a funeral to attend Thursday. It's only about a 4 hour drive, but i'm headed to a large city that I know nothing about. I'm terrified. I also have a hard time seeing at night so that makes it worse.

Hubby thinks i'm being a big baby and told me to grow up, lol. I know he's right, but still. I've seriously considered not going, but I know I need to. Ugh. I wouldn't miss my uncle's funeral. My mom and brother are already there and they are expecting me tomorrow night. I'm leaving around 6 so I'll have almost 2 hours of daylight driving time. I'm just praying everything will be ok.

I MADE IT!! :)
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:24 PM
4 moms liked this

i work very hard to never drive after the sun goes down- and i ll be goddamned if anyone calls me a baby for it.

I can't freaking see. the oncoming headlights cause extreme starbursts. it make me a hazard

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

You're not a baby, not being able to see while driving a motor vehicle is kind-of a big deal lol.

kirita323
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I hate driving at night. Get a book on tape from the library or bookstore to take with you.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I cannot drive at night, my eyesight is horrible.

Other than that, I don't mind driving long distances.

CafeMom Tickers
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM

its a 350 mile trip to the nearest anything bigger than a village so I kind of have always had to put on my big girl panties and make long trips once and a while

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My little sister is the same way. I don't call her a baby I tell her to have someone drive with her longdistance and only drive in the day if she has the choice.
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Before my auto accident I would have said YES, you are being a baby but since I technically "died" when I was hit, my answer is ... be careful...

proudmommy690
I have the same problem. I cant drive at night because i cant see. Sorry for your loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4

You're not alone.  I have panic attacks every time I have to go on Route 80.  I've never had an accident, but I do have trouble seeing to drive at night, and I need new prescription polarized sunglasses because the coating has come off of mine and it makes my vision slightly blurry.  If it was me, there's no way I'd be driving a 4 hour drive each way.  I'd either take a train, or not go.

JNLmomme09
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
No way I don't leave my town by myself. Lol I'm with ya. I'm just not comfortable especially with the kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)