Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Imagine if... please pray

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

Imagine you wake up one morning and feel fine. A few hours go by and you wake up on the floor and don't know why. Well, that happened to my grandma today. She got rushed to the ER and the stupid small town drs said she was ok, just tired. She couldn't stand, when she talked it was slurred and her eye was droopy. Just tired huh? Well, my grandpa told the she needed to be a a good hospital and asked for her to be transfered so they let her. She had little to no potassium left in her body and her blood count was off (not sure if it was too high or low tho) so the new hospital started the testing and found her brain was swelling and she, more than likely, has luekimia. They have never tested her for any of this and now she doesn't know if she's going to make it. She's in the ICU and very out of it.

I couldn't imagine waking up feeling fine and then in a matter of 12 hrs be that close to death. They aren't sure of much yet but they did say it wasn't looking good.

And, to top it all off, tomorrow is my mom's birthday. What a birthday present...

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Oh no :( I'll be praying for her. That has to be so scary!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Hope all turns out well. Praying they figure out what is going on quickly. Healing vibes to your grandma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Thank you both. This really does suck big monkey balls.

BigSkyHarmony
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Praying for your Grandma!

Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Something similar happened to my grandma. Her and my grandpa went to bed, they watched the news and were getting ready to turn out the lights to go to sleep. She told my grandpa that she felt a headache coming on and asked him to get her some aspirin and water. He came back and she was gone. She had died in the short amount of time it took him to get an aspirin and a glass of water. The bad thing was she just had her annual check up that morning and was given a clean bill of health.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Well, the drs say she might have 24hrs left in her. This sucks
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Hugs! Prayers for your grandmother!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Oh my gosh! !! Prayers! !
4_little_angels
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I'm so sorry sweetie.
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM

having been in similar shoes very recently I can honestly say I am so so so sorry your family is going through this. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN