Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen DD on birth control

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

I just found out my teenager daughter is on birth control. She's 17 and has been dating her boyfriend for 1.5 years.

I'm upset that she was allowed to get this without my permission or notification! Is that legal??

WWYD? Part of my wants to tell her she needs to go off it, dump the boyfriend and stay grounded until college.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry she didn't feel comfortable enough to confide in you about it but is commend her for taking precautions
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
panther79
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I would leave it be. I would talk to her and make sure that she knows BC isnt 100 percent. At least she's trying to use protection.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this
You can tell her to ditch the pill, ditch the boyfriend and she will leave and there's not a damn thing you can do because she's 17.
Personally I'd rather have a teen on BC than a pregnant teen!
Kage336
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Not good that she didn't tell you, but would you rather she was with her boyfriend unprotected or taking precaution to prevent a pregnancy?

kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM
4 moms liked this

Gee....I can't imagine why she didn't tell you.......

How about asking yourself what is wrong with you as a mother that your dd would rather go to the gyno ALONE than with you. I mean that place is scary when your young!!

4_little_angels
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM
If she got it by herself then she is probably having sex. At least she is smart and got it in the first place. I wouldn't force her off of it, just talk to her. Good luck mama!
RichardsMom0209
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:18 AM
if you make her go off the birth control she still going to have sex and possibly get pregnant. At least she was trying to be responsible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I don't understand why young people have sex... it's really not even that great as a teen.

bowribbonmama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Would you rather a pregnant teen?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ayshren
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Yes its very legal. Where I live..once you're 12 you can walk into the health department and ask for condoms and birth control and they legally cant tell your parents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)