• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I a Bad Mother?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

I have a nanny 25 hours per week and am around about 10 of those hours doing errands or studying. The rest of the time I am enrolled in school taking 3 classes. My fiance works hard so we can afford these luxuries, but it seems like other mothers look down on me when I mention my nanny. I have ADD, but don't like to announce it all the time and since I found out I was pregnant and am nursing a 4 month old, I do not take my medication anymore and don't plan on getting back on it any time soon. Does the fact that I use/can afford extra help make me any less of a mother than anyone else???

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM
3 moms liked this

nah because most mothers wouldnt mind the extra help but for me, I would prefer a maid so I can spend more time with the kids than have to worry about chores and cooking.

RoseFlame
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I only have an issue with it if the nanny spends more quality time with your little ones than you do, I have been in a position where I saw their kids more than they did and the kids get so attatched, so much so where I get called mom, that is when it gets rediculous.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Not being on duty 24/7 doesn't make you a bad mom, any more than being on duty 24/7 makes you a good mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM
How much do you pay the nanny?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Quoting RoseFlame:

I only have an issue with it if the nanny spends more quality time with your little ones than you do, I have been in a position where I saw their kids more than they did and the kids get so attatched, so much so where I get called mom, that is when it gets rediculous.

I only go to schol two days a week and take over as soon as I get home. I am usually around on days off, the nanny is just there to change diapers and feed her while I work. I try to maintain a "mommy & me" routine everyday where we play, I feed her, bathe her, and read to her until she goes to sleep. Naturally not every night is the same, but I rarely put her down when we're actually together (which might actually be spoiling her).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM

do you enjoy being a mom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM

$15/hr. It is a standard rate where I live.

Quoting Anonymous:

How much do you pay the nanny?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I love it! But I know that if I don't finish school I won't be happy and I want her to be proud of me.

Quoting Anonymous:

do you enjoy being a mom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Nope you only use the nanny in times you could not properly care for your child and its not a ton of hours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Apparently I'm "cheating" by using a nanny. We can afford it and I know that I would be overwhelmed if I didn't have time to focus. I am anal about my grades and refuse to accept anything less than an A.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope you only use the nanny in times you could not properly care for your child and its not a ton of hours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)