• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 yo with BAD body odor

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 12 Replies
My 3yo DD has horrible body odor! Idk what to do! She bathes daily and has good hygiene, I have no idea what is cause my child to have BO like a grown woman who forgot to put on deodorant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tasha1977
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM

have you asked her doctor?  maybe she should wear a deodorant for now until you figure it out, but I don't think thats normal.. there is another post floating around about a kid being suspended for being smelly.. not to mention the teasing... I would bring her to the doctor... or bathe more than once a day? 

MommyCrooks
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM
What is her diet?
RockEducation
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I would take her to Dr. to have her checked out.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I guess I'd try a natural deodorant and go from there.

Have you talked to her pedi? Could she have hyperhidrosis?

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

horseap
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Quoting MommyCrooks:

What is her diet?

This

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Not normal. She needs to see a doctor.
tossed
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM

You really need to take her to the dr. There are chemical imbalances that can cause this. 

I am giving you a link to a group that studies body odor. There are people who have certain chemical imbalances and it can be difficult to deal with and can really cause social issues as the children age.

http://www.meboresearch.org/bodyodor.html

Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Is she overweight?  I'm not saying that to be mean, but when my youngest was an infant he was chunky and his rolls on his neck held in moisture and if I didn't clean his neck every once in a while it would get stinky.  lol.  Could it be that?  or is it like underarm odor?  If it's underarm odor I do know of a condition that requires her to have to take medication from slowing down puberty. 

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Maybe its what she's eating? or it could be medical. First try to change her diet if possible... no garlic, foods high in acid and such ... If that doesn't help I'd ask her ped doctor

svolkov
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM
I agree look at her diet and speak to her pedi. Also sometimes u could be bathing her too much and with nasty stuff that can screw up her bodys ph. Try rubbing a natural deoderant or tto or even lemon juice under her arms etc. Is she overweight?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)