Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Porcelain veneers. ADVICE

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM
  • 14 Replies
My front tooth cracked and started sheering off. I have always had great shaped teeth. Braces when younger and white. I went to my dentist and he recommended veneers. SInce my insurance would cover it I went for it. I was very excited at first. I got them done today, and now I am going though TERRIBLE anxiety that I made a mistake and ruined my teeth for this cosmetic reason. I am terrified they are going to fall off!

Does anyone have any advice/ your stories with veneers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM

What insurance do you have that it covered veneers?? Anyway, yes. I would get veneers if I had a reason (or the money)

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I've heard all good things about them from other patients at my dentist's office! Lol. I don't have them but I'd definitely get them in your situation. The ones I've seen at least look nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tasha1977
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM

what she said... never heard of insurance covering veneers.... I just paid $1200 for one small piece of a tooth to be fixed in a veneer like material (and i am in so much pain!).... how many did you get?  its too late now?  I would enjoy them!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

What insurance do you have that it covered veneers?? Anyway, yes. I would get veneers if I had a reason (or the money)

joycegina
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM
We have UMR through metro police.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SageAdvice
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Oh my the new vaneers don't involve shaving your real teeth down like they used too. I hope you had the new version done. It can be reversed if you did. Many people like the new veneers over caps.

Some times you just have to punt the ball.
joycegina
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:21 AM
They defiantly shaved my teeth down! Not a lot but just the fronts as well as where it was cracked. I don't think it's a cap it only covers the front It looks good I just feel bad for shaving my real teeth for this!

Quoting SageAdvice:

Oh my the new vaneers don't involve shaving your real teeth down like they used too. I hope you had the new version done. It can be reversed if you did. Many people like the new veneers over caps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joycegina
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:22 AM
They defiantly shaved my teeth down! Not a lot but just the fronts as well as where it was cracked. I don't think it's a cap it only covers the front It looks good I just feel bad for shaving my real teeth for this!

Quoting SageAdvice:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I have a veneer on my front tooth...it broke at a concert
I've had it for 6yrs now and I haven't had any problems. Just don't bite into things like apples, pears or corn on the cob...and don't chew on ice
other than that I wouldn't worry

Oh and you can't tell that I have it..it matches my other teeth great

msalice_21
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM
My sister got them done. One of hers fell out. BUT !!!! Her dumb butt was eating caramels.
joycegina
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:17 AM
AHH! Lol my worst fear

Quoting msalice_21:

My sister got them done. One of hers fell out. BUT !!!! Her dumb butt was eating caramels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)