Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dislike my friends kids.... simple as that.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay .. let me say this first .. I am not a troll. This is NOT a troll post.

I'm changing the names because my friend does cafemom (not a part of this group, but she IS a member)

I have a friend named Michelle .. She has 3 kids. Dick (6 yo boy), Jane (4 yo girl) and Sue (1 yo girl). I have 3 kids .. Christian (9 yo boy), Patrick (6 yo boy) and Mary (4 yo girl). Okay so heres the problem.

I love Michelle, we have been best friends for a LONG time (High school days). We have been there for eachother through thick and thin. She comforted me when my nephew died, and I was the first one by her side to help her clean her house when DFACS took her kids away. (I know that sounds bad and white trash, but it happened .. I helped her and told her that she couldnt blame anyone but herself and they had every reason to take them - she just couldnt let it happen again). We have kids that are best friends. Dick and Patrick are the same age and have been best friends since they could walk, Mary and Jane are the same way.

My kids arnt perfect. Christian has ADHD and Patrick is a smart ass (just being honest), and Mary just gets into everything, best bet if there is hand soap in the bathroom, she is going to make the bathtub a slip-n-slide lol. They are all loving kids. They are all happy and healthy.

I cant stand for Michelle to come over. I actually want to hide when she randomly drives up because her kids are too much for me. I cant handle them. Dick is violent .. Ex: We got my boys an xbox kinect for their birthday. It came with Disneyland Adventures. The boys went to my moms for the night and Mary stayed home. Michelle and the brats came over and Mary wanted to show Jane the game (you dance with disney princesses). Well of course Dick wanted a turn, and she gave him one .. (my kids share) well he didnt want to give her a turn so he elbowed her in the chest .. HARD, knocked the breath out of her. I seriously was at loss for words. I looked at Michelle and shook my head .. she said "Now Dick ... Tell Mary your sorry". That was it. Not a swat on the ass, or the corner .. im sorry .. but if MY son did that to a little girl then his ass would be in some serious trouble. Alls i could say was, "Its okay Mary, they are about to GO HOME".

Another time on Dicks birthday, he got upset because i told him to watch his mouth and he spit on me. His mother did nothing. She said .. Well, i dont want to get him in trouble on his birthday.

This boy is a nightmare.

Jane constantly cries. If she doesnt get her way she can be just as much of a monster as he is. I cant take these kids. They break my shit on purpose. I really just want to choke them EVERY time they come over, and it wouldnt be such an issue if Michelle would do something about it.

Christian was doing his homework one day and Dick just came up to him and kicked him in the back. Patrick is his friend, but now he is making up stories on Patrick just to get him in trouble. WTF?? I know half you are going to think this is wrong but i have given my kids the option to defend themselves. Maybe that will open hey eyes to the problem .. what would you do?

Before yall say .. Just stay away from them. Id just like to point out that thats not an option. The kids go to the same school, are on the same t-ball team (Partick, Mary, Jane, and Dick), and our husbands work at the same place so we really rely on eachother to watch eachothers kids when the husbands take turns being on call, if we need to do something. And i have also tried talking to her about it .. it never does any good.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Replies (11-19):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Im in the same boat you are in that I can't stand my friends dd, she's 3 months younger than my oldest both are 6, she's a whiney only child who get catered too. Which in itself is a whatever in my book, raise your child how you want. But in my case my dd will do something and my friend will be all over her ass, she talks over me when I discipline, adds to what I say, like adds minutes to time outs and stuff. I make my dd adhere to what I've already said but still. And when her dd does exactly the same mine does that she just got in trouble for, she just ignores it. I don't know what to do/say without causing a big shit storm with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Maybe we should just beat up the moms, lmao. Maybe that will get the point through.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:31 AM
If I were you I would straight up tell the little boy he isn't allowed to play when he comes over. He has to sit by himself until he can learn to be respectful. I told my friends son the same thing. When he doesn't listen I tell him to go to my room and go to sleep. When you are in my house you follow my rules or you can leave. I understand you want to keep the peace but you need to stick up for your children so they can learn how to stick up for themselves. Even if it means pissing off your friend. Oh well your kids come first.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know how you feel. After you have 3 kids of your own, you no longer have the mentality to deal with another kids assholeness. I should have told Mary to deck him right in the eye. My kids WILL start taking up for themselves more. Im not dealing with this shit. Sorry but you reap what you sew.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

ya man kids are assholes and their parents don't do anything about it except make excuses. "she used to not act like this but lately, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit"..... "He has been having a rough time with bullshit, bullshit, bullshit."..... I can't stand being around disrepectful little brats right now and being 30 weeks pregnant doesn't help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah he like really pisses me off. I dont usually call kids names but this kid is a basterd.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I know how you feel. Pretty much all my friends kids get on my nerves. One is a bully. The other always snatches toys from my sin as he brings them out. The others daughter always says she's hungry when she comes over. Its so annoying. She doesn't listen and just sits here and gives ber mom attitude. I feel bad because I don't want my bffs son around mine because im afraid he is seriously going to hurt him. Or even kill him. Ds is two and her son is 6 he is so rough with my baby I want to punch him in his face. But he is six so I just make him stand in the corner

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Oh i let it be known that it pisses me off. Like when i told my daughter they were about to leave. And i do punish him, it just gets old having to punish hers, i should have to worry about only punishing mine!

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

If I were you I would straight up tell the little boy he isn't allowed to play when he comes over. He has to sit by himself until he can learn to be respectful. I told my friends son the same thing. When he doesn't listen I tell him to go to my room and go to sleep. When you are in my house you follow my rules or you can leave. I understand you want to keep the peace but you need to stick up for your children so they can learn how to stick up for themselves. Even if it means pissing off your friend. Oh well your kids come first.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know how you feel. After you have 3 kids of your own, you no longer have the mentality to deal with another kids assholeness. I should have told Mary to deck him right in the eye. My kids WILL start taking up for themselves more. Im not dealing with this shit. Sorry but you reap what you sew.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

ya man kids are assholes and their parents don't do anything about it except make excuses. "she used to not act like this but lately, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit"..... "He has been having a rough time with bullshit, bullshit, bullshit."..... I can't stand being around disrepectful little brats right now and being 30 weeks pregnant doesn't help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah he like really pisses me off. I dont usually call kids names but this kid is a basterd.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I know how you feel. Pretty much all my friends kids get on my nerves. One is a bully. The other always snatches toys from my sin as he brings them out. The others daughter always says she's hungry when she comes over. Its so annoying. She doesn't listen and just sits here and gives ber mom attitude. I feel bad because I don't want my bffs son around mine because im afraid he is seriously going to hurt him. Or even kill him. Ds is two and her son is 6 he is so rough with my baby I want to punch him in his face. But he is six so I just make him stand in the corner

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know what to tell you. I have a friend whom I'm not fond of her kids some times. Well thats not true I love them I do I just don't want them in my house. If we go other places with them or if its at their house its fine. My house I don't know they turn into monsters and I can't stand them and want to lock them away! I love her dearly and she doesn't allow anyone to go to her house so its hard to do stuff some times if I don't invite them here. I love her kids like I said but I think the only children I'll ever be able to love enough to tolerate on a consistant basis are my own. I don't tolerate my other friends kids very well either. I know my kids aren't even near to perfect but they're mine and I don't get a choice but to accept them. Those that aren't mine are harder to accept I think. 

Xanbuttsmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Then keep your distance. You don't HAVE to have them over. Be civil at games and school functions but keep your distance. You choose to put up with this. My bullshit tolerance is low I won't deal with what I dont want to. I just ain't having it. I sure as hell wouldn't make my kids endure it either. Especially with kids setting a bad example such as being violent

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh i let it be known that it pisses me off. Like when i told my daughter they were about to leave. And i do punish him, it just gets old having to punish hers, i should have to worry about only punishing mine!

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I would tell her that if she cannot keep her kids in check then when they come over they are to sit on the couch and not move. That is a punishment for not respecting your stuff. Who wants to buy something twice because some one does not know the meaning of respecting others stuff. 

She needs to control her children or she will be lost when they get older. And as for your kids defending themselve's there is nothig wrong with that. I teach my kids, you may not hit first but if someone hits you you knock them out. 

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:49 AM

My house... my rules. I make that clear from the beginning. I wouldn't tolerate any of that behavior from my own kids and won't tolerate my kids being victims of it either.  I have two little girls that I baby sat and we became friends with the parents. The girls still listen to me better than their parents because I am consistant. The younger girl is convinced that I know every time out corner on earth and that I carry a spare in my pocket just for her. Good luck Momma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

i don't invite them over. they just show up. and my kids love their kids. i think it pisses me off more than them. i think i just need to lay it all out on the table and be very clear about how i feel but i do agree with you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN