• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you know if you have an eating disorder?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I know denial ain't just a river in Africa, but I'm starting to think I may have a problem. I don't eat. At all. It's not obsessive, where I constantly scrutinize what I'm putting in my mouth, but I do have a little voice in the back of my head that says "are you really hungry or are you just bored" and I usually don't eat.

Today I've had 4 bites of rice, a few fries, and a few peanut m&ms. And coffee and red bull.

That's usually what my day is like, although in quantity, not quality. I worked a long shift today, usually it's a bite of fruit and some veggies for dinner.

I can't seem to make myself eat more than a few bites a day. What is wrong with me? I'm not obsessed with being super skinny, although I do worry about gaining.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Sounds like you may just have slow metabolism and just not need a lot of food. An anorexic would NEVER have a red bull with all that sugar. Yuck. They would not touch a greasy, fatty French fry or candy. Not even fruit because of all the sugar. Maybe you do t burn a lot of calories and your body does not need much. You should try to eat healthier and take a multivitamin. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:28 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:32 AM
It's kind of like being an alcoholic. If you think you may have a problem, you probably do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:32 AM
That's not true. Everyone experiences the disorder differently. I am the same way. The only reason I actually get food in me is because I know I need nutrients to produce substantial milk. I had an issue with food right until I found out I was pregnant. I would binge and purge and on the days I wasn't, I ate very little if anything. This is just the beginning. You need to get help before it gets worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you may just have slow metabolism and just not need a lot of food. An anorexic would NEVER have a red bull with all that sugar. Yuck. They would not touch a greasy, fatty French fry or candy. Not even fruit because of all the sugar. Maybe you do t burn a lot of calories and your body does not need much. You should try to eat healthier and take a multivitamin. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)