Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If God Told You To

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you kill your child if God commanded you to?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 214

View Results

Kill your child, would you do it?

Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Replies (261-270):
divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
And if go ahead and commit myself even if my brain worked like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

1. yes, if God told me to.

2. because I'm a devout Christian and I withhold NOTHING from Him!!!

Explanation: it would take A LOT for me to REALLY believe that God wanted me to kill my child.  I couldn't just do it like Abraham did, after being told once.  I really hate to say that becuase I do love God more than my children, but I also believe that God does not want us to murder, but I also believe that God has a reason for whatever He does tell us to do and that we should obey and trust Him that His Will is perfect, even if it doesn't line up with ours or look the way we think it should.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I think I get the basic gyst of what you are trying to say, but I'm not sure b/c this isn't a sentence and I can't figure out which words you missed or whatever.  Sorry.

PS: I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I was answering a question from someone other than you (unless you're the OP and you've come out of Anon just for me). ;-)

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting Anonymous:

Explanation: it would take A LOT for me to REALLY believe that God wanted me to kill my child.  I couldn't just do it like Abraham did, after being told once.  I really hate to say that becuase I do love God more than my children, but I also believe that God does not want us to murder, but I also believe that God has a reason for whatever He does tell us to do and that we should obey and trust Him that His Will is perfect, even if it doesn't line up with ours or look the way we think it should.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM

LOL no I'm not the OP. I was typing one handed on my phone with baby in the other hand so it didn't come out right. I was saying that if my brain worked how you described in the latter post, I'd go ahead and commit myself. I love God and yes religion is a part of my life but "God" would never tell someone to kill anyone else. I don't think I'm as good of a Christian as most moms because I love my kids more than anything or anyone, even God. (Sorry God!)

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I get the basic gyst of what you are trying to say, but I'm not sure b/c this isn't a sentence and I can't figure out which words you missed or whatever.  Sorry.

PS: I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I was answering a question from someone other than you (unless you're the OP and you've come out of Anon just for me). ;-)

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting Anonymous:

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM

he was 37.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting HousewifeNina:

That is one of the hardest parts of the OT.

I agree. And the fact that so many people don't seem to know the details of the story makes it worse.
No one has been able to tell me how old Isaac was at the time of the "sacrifice"...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Aparently YOU have not. 

Quoting XJetX:

'God' did. Ever read the bible?

Quoting Anonymous:

God wouldn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I'm with you on the one-handed-phone-typing-with-a-baby.... thing.

I think we understand each other.  I respect where you stand. :-)

Quoting divinedimension:

LOL no I'm not the OP. I was typing one handed on my phone with baby in the other hand so it didn't come out right. I was saying that if my brain worked how you described in the latter post, I'd go ahead and commit myself. I love God and yes religion is a part of my life but "God" would never tell someone to kill anyone else. I don't think I'm as good of a Christian as most moms because I love my kids more than anything or anyone, even God. (Sorry God!)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting Anonymous:

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I have read the bible cover to cover twice but thanks anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

You may want to consider reading that entire section, before you make such huge assumptions as if you know the bible. 

Quoting colins_mom:

he told Abraham to kill Isaac.

Quoting Anonymous:

God wouldn't.

MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Hell no as I don't even believe in a God
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Not the same anon quoted below, but I am the anon you first quoted. The reason I know God wouldn't is because I know my God and I know what He says. Yes, He asked Abraham to kill Isaac as a test. I am not Abraham and Isaac was the son of promise, my children are not Isacc. Abraham knew His God too and knew that God would not let him go through with it because of His promise. He knew that even if God did have him actually kill Isaac that God could and would raise Isaac from the dead. He knew God would make good on His promise that through Isaac, Abraham would see his offspring reckoned and through him a nation would be made.  My children do not have those promises on them, they are not the products of a prophecy. My children have many other promises on them that God gives to all people, but not a prophetic one, none of them include being killed by their mother. 

Not only that but Jesus offered himself as the final human sacrifice so there is no reason for God to ask me to kill my child as a sacrifice or for any reason. It simply would not happen. It isn't possible.

Quoting colins_mom:

I have read the bible cover to cover twice but thanks anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

You may want to consider reading that entire section, before you make such huge assumptions as if you know the bible. 

Quoting colins_mom:

he told Abraham to kill Isaac.

Quoting Anonymous:

God wouldn't.

MissMissfit
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

No. Fairy tale. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)