Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If God Told You To

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you kill your child if God commanded you to?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 214

View Results

Kill your child, would you do it?

Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Replies (271-280):
XJetX
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Cover to cover, I have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aparently YOU have not. 

Quoting XJetX:

'God' did. Ever read the bible?

Quoting Anonymous:

God wouldn't.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Same exact answer as I gave previously goes for you as well:

Not the same anon quoted below, but I am the anon you first quoted. The reason I know God wouldn't is because I know my God and I know what He says. Yes, He asked Abraham to kill Isaac as a test. I am not Abraham and Isaac was the son of promise, my children are not Isacc. Abraham knew His God too and knew that God would not let him go through with it because of His promise. He knew that even if God did have him actually kill Isaac that God could and would raise Isaac from the dead. He knew God would make good on His promise that through Isaac, Abraham would see his offspring reckoned and through him a nation would be made.  My children do not have those promises on them, they are not the products of a prophecy. My children have many other promises on them that God gives to all people, but not a prophetic one, none of them include being killed by their mother. 

Not only that but Jesus offered himself as the final human sacrifice so there is no reason for God to ask me to kill my child as a sacrifice or for any reason. It simply would not happen. It isn't possible.

Quoting XJetX:

Cover to cover, I have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aparently YOU have not. 

Quoting XJetX:

'God' did. Ever read the bible?

Quoting Anonymous:

God wouldn't.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Arwyn724:

"Isaac was believed to be in his late teens or early 20's. Abraham was 99 when Isaac was conceived, Sarah was 90."

The Mishnah says he was 37, which is the more accepted age by Jewish tradition. Hardly a little boy trailing after his father in complete trust and ignorance of what was gonna happen. And certainly with the physical capacity to overthrow a 100+ year old man trying to forcibly tie him down.
So there's really more depth to the story.
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM

because i dont bleieve god would tell you to kill someone

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

No, because I would realize I am a lunatic and have myself admitted to a hospital...

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM

God would not tell me to do that. If I hear a kill your child message from anyone, I am going to check myself into the looney bin. God does not tell people to kill their children these days. The whole Abraham and Issaac story in the Bible was a different time and place.  Many religions did child sacrifice, why that went down like that I will never know. But the end turned out right.  Anyway, no way. 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM

9 percent said yes??

Rosebud333776
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
No, there are people who think they hear commands from God everyday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Quoting 504bbymami:

What the fuck? Hell no and anyone who says yes needs to check themselves into a mental hospital STAT.

Hell if "god" starts "telling you" to do ANYTHING you need to check yourself in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM
God is against human sacrifice so anyone who kills their child saying that God told them to do it is either mentally ill or following a false god.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)