Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If God Told You To

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you kill your child if God commanded you to?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 214

View Results

Kill your child, would you do it?

Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Replies (281-290):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM
God is against human sacrifice so anyone who kills their child saying that God told them to do it is either mentally ill or following a false god.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM
If I start hearing God..I'm headed to the psych ward thanks. And I believe in him
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

If you are speaking of Abraham in general.  His instructions to the men is very revealing. He knew what God was asking him to do. However he told them "wait here and WE will come back to you". He knew God would not have him kill the promise.  He  knew God would supply. He didn't know how or when. I think that is the only reason he went with it, because he had a faith probably deeper than most people today. I mean he'd had a child with his wife and both were well past child bearing years. God and him were really close. I have deep faith but I can't say it is Abraham like faith. I would not be able to kill my child. ( I simply believe God would not ask that of the average person.

delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

My god never ask me to kill my child.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Arwyn724
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Arwyn724:

"Isaac was believed to be in his late teens or early 20's. Abraham was 99 when Isaac was conceived, Sarah was 90."

The Mishnah says he was 37, which is the more accepted age by Jewish tradition. Hardly a little boy trailing after his father in complete trust and ignorance of what was gonna happen. And certainly with the physical capacity to overthrow a 100+ year old man trying to forcibly tie him down.
So there's really more depth to the story.

I've never read the Mishnah, my sources placed him at the age I've stated.  I do realize there is much more depth to the story, but that wasn't the question. Whether Isaac could have overthrown his father or not isn't relevant to the question, either.  And considering he lived to be 175 years old, he was roughly middle-age by todays standards.

Arwyn 724 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I would probably check myself into a hospital if I was hearing a voice telling me to kill my kids

rosie211
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I don't even know where to begin with this one.

First, I don't understand how God would "command" me to do such a thing.

Second, if I was hearing God talk to me, I would hope someone would have me commited.

That is all.

GELiz
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I wouldn't believe it was God telling me to do it.

KGreen75
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
No. I'm Atheist. Anyone who says yes, needs to give their kid up to a safe house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Yes, because that means He needs them more than I do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured