Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If God Told You To

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you kill your child if God commanded you to?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 214

View Results

Kill your child, would you do it?

Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Replies (291-300):
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Sadly, people have and will continue to kill their children in the name of an imagination.
And no, I wouldn't.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GELiz
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

yup, that is correct. God had already told Abraham that through Isaac he would raise up a great nation- so God would not break his promise. It was a test. But still a heart rending one.

Quoting Thelmama:

If you are speaking of Abraham in general.  His instructions to the men is very revealing. He knew what God was asking him to do. However he told them "wait here and WE will come back to you". He knew God would not have him kill the promise.  He  knew God would supply. He didn't know how or when. I think that is the only reason he went with it, because he had a faith probably deeper than most people today. I mean he'd had a child with his wife and both were well past child bearing years. God and him were really close. I have deep faith but I can't say it is Abraham like faith. I would not be able to kill my child. ( I simply believe God would not ask that of the average person.

GELiz
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I don't know anyone who has killed their child and blamed it on god telling them to do it. And I generally think they are crazy if they do.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM
You don't *think* you could do it?

Quoting keyawin:

I don't think I could do it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM
He's done it before.

Quoting Anonymous:

God wouldn't.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah-mom01
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I'm a Christian... But I would think I was hallucinating, and therefore, no.

momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Nope, no one could make me kill my babies!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Since I don't believe in God, no. I wouldn't. 

jeweldragons
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

You are referring to when Prophet Abraham was ordered to sacrifice Ishmael?  Yes I would.  *As a Muslim we believe it was Ishmael and not Isaac who was to be sacrificed and since Hagar had Ishmael before Sara got pregnant with Isaac then we Muslims are correct.*

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM

But the point of that is that Abraham KNEW God would supply the appropriate sacrifice. He told that to Isaac and he told the men with them "we will come back to you".  He never doubted God would supply. God did, Issac was NOT killed.  It was a different time. Child sacrifice was common in other religions to other gods and people would not have seen it the way we see it today.  If he had thought he really had to kill Issaac, he would not have said we will come back.  So the comparison is lost. No one  believes in child sacrifice today.  No one has a child of promise like abraham and 100 year old people don't have babies. abraham had seen miracles none of us could dream of. He had a different,maybe even deeper faith. To say we don't have the faith of Abraham is not a bad thing, it is because we are different people.  So that is why we say it is incongruent for God to ask that NOW but was not at that time.  It is like  comparing our understanding of life to those that lived in the 1800s.  You tell one of them that we could be debating Biblical facts on a computer and  they'd have hanged us for witchcraft, literally.  Different time in history, different understanding, different needs from God. Hope that made sense LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet he already did it once.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have been given the answer by many Christians that it isn't possible. I know my God. That would be like me asking you if your father told you to kill your child would you do it, assuming you have a good relationship with your father. You would probably tell me it isn't possible, your father is a good man and would never do that. I know I would if someone asked me that about my dad...no way that would ever happen. I am telling you this about my Heavenly Father, who I know. It is not possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

It still doesn't change the fact that he asked him to.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have gone over this in this post...read all replies and you will find the answer to that.

Quoting colins_mom:

he told Abraham to kill Isaac.

Quoting Anonymous:

God wouldn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)