Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay mom's so I saw this comment where a mom posted something about most of CM members having "medical problems" and it got me curious.

What's your official diagnosis and how long have you been diagnosed with it. I'll go first.

Mental:

Bipolar-Disorder with schizoaffective ---16 years

PTSD --- 10 years

Physical:

APS (Hughes Syndrome) --- 8 years

SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) --- 1 year 1 month

Please no bashing. This is just to get people talking, not a place to be judgemental.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (221-230):
MamaAjax
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah they tend to run hand in hand. I have crippling seasonal allergies, that I got hospitialized for when I was 6. It turned into a horrid sinus infection that got into my eyes >.<

Good luck. Look into The Lupus Foundation of America, and see if theres support groups in your area. They might be able to help you get a diagnosis that sticks.

Quoting spastic_poodle:

That sounds like what's going on with me. Sometimes I test positive, sometimes not. All the symptoms add up though. I don't have healthcare atm but when I get it I'll be gOing to a new doctor and hopefully getting some for certain answers and help.

I have another autoimmune disease and I hear that if you have one you are more likely to have another. So it makes sense.

Quoting MamaAjax:

Yes. They ran it again 3 months later, it came back negative. I went back to my primary and he pretty much said (literal quote) "Well you might have seronegative arthritis. Go home and google it." >:O

So I got a new primary. I was so shocked. My new primary sent me back to test a third time, and I tested positive. Then they finally did a more extensive Antinulcear panle and figured out I have SLE which affects my neuro, cardio, gastro, and muscluskeletal. I didn't get the traditional derma reactions though 15 mins in the sun and I look like a cooked lobster. Nor does it affect my Renal system thank god.

What is rare is I ended up with SLE and APS which tend not to go hand in hand, but it was my APS diagnosis that lead my RA to test the ANA.

Quoting spastic_poodle:

Did you have a positive antibody test for your lupus diagnosis?

kailalaila
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM
lymphadema - diagnosed 24 yrs ago
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SusieQue717
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM

partially paralyzed on the left side - 23 years 

WPW - life.
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I get really bad seasonal depression, and have been medicated for depression and anxiety in the past, with an official diagnosis of clinical depression when I was a teen. A lot of my family has it and is medicated for it.

As far as physical, I have pretty obnoxious asthma, both allergen and exercise triggered. I have a focusing disorder. 

confused0701
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Migraines - friday will be 8 years

Nanamom127
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet, the result of a slight autoimmune hormone imbalance. If I'm walking or otherwise putting pressure on my feet, I don't even notice it. Otherwise my feet tingle and burn some. I have a small machine intended as a neck massager, and I massage my feet with it. At this point I don't need medication for the discomfort--- the pressure of walking or the massager pressure makes it better. But if anyone knows of a good foot massage machine, I'd love to know. The neck massager is really the wrong shape for feet. 

I also take eye drops to keep the pressure in my eyes from increasing. 

trailerrrtrash
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I'm in NC.

Thanks! It's only ever given out on me at night, like if I get up to pee or something. I'll stand up and bloop, right on the floor. I laugh...it worries DH.

Quoting MamaAjax:

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm no fan of PA programs, but maybe with Obamacare you might can get the discounted Medicaid. I don't know for sure how it really works, but I know it's for people in between the proverty line and being right above it.

If you want send me your state. I'll look into my little collective network of resources and see if I can find anything for you. It could be arthrist, but that doesn't explain the loss of moblity or why it's mainly just your right leg.

Quoting trailerrrtrash:

I know, I haven't found anyone willing to work with me on it. I was told a few years ago when I mentioned pain in my hip to my ob/gyn that I wasn't old enough to have that kind of pain and as long as I could squat, I was fine.

That was when I was still covered by my ex huband's insurance, I was supposed to be covered until I got my own. But he quit his job shortly after that. My Dh and I now aren't covered, he gets insurance through his job for the kids, but we can't afford to pay for ourselves.

I never thought about circulation problems, I figured since the pain is in my joints it might be some kind of arthritis. Idk.

Quoting MamaAjax:

Oh goodness hun, I understand you don't have insurance, but maybe look around. There's lots of "free" clinics that doctors volunteer for. That sounds like a vein issue, poor circulation, and if it is that's something that's very dangerous.

Also call around. Little kept secret is doctors actually tend to be willing to work with you. Like my psych. My insurance doesn't cover him, and his rates are $250 an hour, however after working with him I pay $75 per a visit, it helps that I only see him once every 3 months.

Quoting trailerrrtrash:

Nothing official.

Pretty sure I have no mental issues, none that require diagnosis anyway.

I have something going down with my right leg. My ankle swells up and my knee hurts and my hip likes to try to kill me sometimes. Once in a while it'll give out on me and I'll fall. I don't know what it is, I don't have insurance. I have to be careful and pay attention to how much I'm on my feet and sit down for a while. Which I hate, I can't stand sitting when I have things that need doing. Sometimes I keep pushing it, but then I'm sorry later. I was told to take Aleve or Ibuprofen, but it doesn't help anything.

Anyway, that's all lol

PerfectVirgo
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Didn't mean to offend, it was a joke, meant specifically for the person I quoted.

Quoting MamaAjax:

I see nothing wrong with discussing diagnosis. Sometimes when people suffer from something they might be able to really help out someone who was recently diagnosed. I have 4 illness. They don't define me or stop me from living a happy healthy active life, but sadly that doesn't make them not be there, nor does that mean it doesn't stop others from truly suffering from them.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Unless you're a hypochondriac. They love to discuss diagnoses.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

This seems like a really bad idea.

Sassy01
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Tourettes Syndrome dxd at12 yrs old.

Rheumatoid Arthritis dxd at age 45.

im now 47.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

OCD (many diagnosis within OCD)- 25 years

Lupus- 3 years

Adult Scoliosis- 4 years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN