Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay mom's so I saw this comment where a mom posted something about most of CM members having "medical problems" and it got me curious.

What's your official diagnosis and how long have you been diagnosed with it. I'll go first.

Mental:

Bipolar-Disorder with schizoaffective ---16 years

PTSD --- 10 years

Physical:

APS (Hughes Syndrome) --- 8 years

SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) --- 1 year 1 month

Please no bashing. This is just to get people talking, not a place to be judgemental.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Ah, ok that makes sense but I wouldn't call that defective! It did its job :)

Quoting RiotPixie:

Probably just had a baby and can't have sex yet

Quoting Anonymous:

"Defective vagina"? Whhhat? Can I ask what that means?

Quoting LucyMom08:

I got nothing...besides chronic kidney stones...and a currently defective vagina, haha...

RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Also migraines (since childhood) and asthma (whole life)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaAjax
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Miagraines can't be easy. I never had them but I lived with consistant headaches. Sometimes dull sometimes alarmclock painful. I had to cut out the nitrates in my diet. No more headaches. Maybe it might help alleviate it some?

Quoting RiotPixie:

Also migraines (since childhood) and asthma (whole life)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Oh man! That's a rough time! I'm sorry :/

Quoting LucyMom08:

I passed a stone last week, which gave me a bad UTI...then a yeast infection...then Aunt Flo showed up...haha...my urinary tract hates me...

Quoting Anonymous:

"Defective vagina"? Whhhat? Can I ask what that means?

Quoting LucyMom08:

I got nothing...besides chronic kidney stones...and a currently defective vagina, haha...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:31 AM
What is CBT?

Quoting MamaAjax:

CBT. And lots of family support. I went through hell and back though. They took me away from my mom when I was 12. I flat lined my heart 4 times by suicide. By the grace of god alone I am still here. Open non judgmental communication. All my friends know about it and I have a support line. I've got a really good psych that I se once every three months to monitor my patterns. It's a lot of work, but I think it pays off.

I try to keep a tight scheduel (not doing so well tonight, I took a nap today >.< opps)

I like things to be planned. littlest changes in my daily routine kind of through me out of balance.

I never let people make excuses for me. That's be biggest thing really. Just because I am bi-polar doesn't mean it defines me.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom is bipolar. She messes with her medication because she thinks she knows better than the doctors. How have you been able to cope unmedicated? I'm curious because maybe you have some tips for my mom? It is so hard to live with her because of her rapid cycling.

Quoting MamaAjax:

:( aww I'm sorry you feel that way. I am expecting most to post anon. I do dislike that people who post threads can't monitor them. But I don't think people should be affraid to advocate their diagnosis. I'm a huge Bipolar advocate mainly because I'm 9 years unmedicated and live a completely normal healthy life. I think that hiding and looking down on issues is something that promotes a problem.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

This seems like a really bad idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:34 AM
And, good for you! I'm glad things are working out for you and you have such a good support system :)

Quoting MamaAjax:

CBT. And lots of family support. I went through hell and back though. They took me away from my mom when I was 12. I flat lined my heart 4 times by suicide. By the grace of god alone I am still here. Open non judgmental communication. All my friends know about it and I have a support line. I've got a really good psych that I se once every three months to monitor my patterns. It's a lot of work, but I think it pays off.

I try to keep a tight scheduel (not doing so well tonight, I took a nap today >.< opps)

I like things to be planned. littlest changes in my daily routine kind of through me out of balance.

I never let people make excuses for me. That's be biggest thing really. Just because I am bi-polar doesn't mean it defines me.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom is bipolar. She messes with her medication because she thinks she knows better than the doctors. How have you been able to cope unmedicated? I'm curious because maybe you have some tips for my mom? It is so hard to live with her because of her rapid cycling.

Quoting MamaAjax:

:( aww I'm sorry you feel that way. I am expecting most to post anon. I do dislike that people who post threads can't monitor them. But I don't think people should be affraid to advocate their diagnosis. I'm a huge Bipolar advocate mainly because I'm 9 years unmedicated and live a completely normal healthy life. I think that hiding and looking down on issues is something that promotes a problem.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

MamaAjax
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:34 AM

The trick is to tackle one at a time. Doctors respond better that way. It took years for my SLE diagnosis and even now I have to battle the insurance for it. My mom was for sure I had RA growing up, eventually she stopped taking me to the doctors when they kepts calling it "growing pains" and "school yard roughness" It wasn't until I started having stomach issues and lost 49lbs in 5 months that I flipped all over my doctor. for the sleep apnea get a tape recorder, 8-12hrs perferable and put it on your dresser or bedside table... make you DH or SO sleep in another room for that night. Tell em it may save your life, because that's something that's known as a slighten killer. Record it, listen to it, and then take it back to your doctor if there's a part that concerns you. If he/she doesn't listen. Go get a second opinion. You're allowed it by law.

Quoting Anonymous:

Depression...."officially" diagnosed almost 3 years, but it's been much longer than that....probably at least 10 years. 

I also believe I have anxiety and ADD, but I can't get a doctor to listen. 

As for physical--nothing diagnosed, but I believe I have asthma, sleep apnea, and something else that I can't quite put my finger on....but there's definitely something. I feel like doctors will think I'm a hypochondriac though, so I don't mention any of these things.....

4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Anxiety, Depression and a lot of lower back problems (bulging discs, herniated discs, etc).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM

I had asthma when I was a kid. LOL

RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, helps your manage your feelings and disorders

Quoting Anonymous:

What is CBT?

Quoting MamaAjax:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamaAjax:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)