Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was molested — Ask me anything

Posted by   + Show Post
From the ages of 8-15 by my father. My mother never knew, because I protected her, knowing it would crush her that she'd gone so far to protect me and something like that happened.

Ask me anything. And I do mean anything. I'm not shy about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Replies (231-240):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM

1 in 4 girls are sexually assaulted or molested. Considering that is the case, I am pretty sure everyone on here probably knows someone or is someone who was molested...

aasmith88
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:32 AM

When my little sister was 7, my high school ex moved in with us..I thought we were helping get out of an abusive home (dated 2 years before move in)... Well he molested my little sister... She "washed" herself so no physical evidence and by the time the court hearing came she got the date mixed up and why she was with him..(he would babysit while my mom n I did laundry..he was 18..) she turns 13 this year. He never went to jail.. Intact I'm pretty sure im saw him at our local cub foods. 

D you still see your father? I feel like I should talk to my sister about what happened now she's a teenager and well I just feel so responsible.. 

After everything came out.. I met up with my ex and tried to talk him into telling them the truth.. He told me he "blacked out" and when he was younger "touched penises with another boy". I told my mom and she told our public defender... I think I made the case worse as they did not call me to the stand. Any who she does not know this.. And feel I owe her an explanation why this POS is out living his life might be my fault.

sorry for the rant.. 

20Keller12
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:44 AM
I've seen him a couple times, but it's been a few months.

Quoting aasmith88:

When my little sister was 7, my high school ex moved in with us..I thought we were helping get out of an abusive home (dated 2 years before move in)... Well he molested my little sister... She "washed" herself so no physical evidence and by the time the court hearing came she got the date mixed up and why she was with him..(he would babysit while my mom n I did laundry..he was 18..) she turns 13 this year. He never went to jail.. Intact I'm pretty sure im saw him at our local cub foods. 

D you still see your father? I feel like I should talk to my sister about what happened now she's a teenager and well I just feel so responsible.. 

After everything came out.. I met up with my ex and tried to talk him into telling them the truth.. He told me he "blacked out" and when he was younger "touched penises with another boy". I told my mom and she told our public defender... I think I made the case worse as they did not call me to the stand. Any who she does not know this.. And feel I owe her an explanation why this POS is out living his life might be my fault.

sorry for the rant.. 

lashea727
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM
IM happy that you are sees a therapist. Do you still talk to him? Do you have kids now? I don't talk to my father no more. Do you and your Mom still talks about it too.

Quoting 20Keller12:

Yes, I'm seeing a therapist now and no, he didn't. It was all he said she said.

Quoting lashea727:

IM sorry that you went through that for years. Did you talk about it. Did he go to jail or serve time in prison. I was rape when I was 3 year old. I was in foster care until I was 11 year old. My father, mother were drinking alcohol.

MsMimna
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I'm sorry you went through that....but why do you want to put it out there ? I get the "not being ashamed" but it almost sounds like you are proud of it.

I was molested for years by my parents oldest son (no, I don't call him my brother ) and its not something I want to constantly relive. Is it therapy for you? I'm not bashing...just trying to understand....

20Keller12
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Only if he initiates it.
Not yet. Working on it.
No, she died when I was 14. That's when I finally spoke up.

Quoting lashea727:

IM happy that you are sees a therapist. Do you still talk to him? Do you have kids now? I don't talk to my father no more. Do you and your Mom still talks about it too.

Quoting 20Keller12:

Yes, I'm seeing a therapist now and no, he didn't. It was all he said she said.

Quoting lashea727:

IM sorry that you went through that for years. Did you talk about it. Did he go to jail or serve time in prison. I was rape when I was 3 year old. I was in foster care until I was 11 year old. My father, mother were drinking alcohol.

20Keller12
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I like to spread awareness. If my speaking up saves even one child from the pain I went through, it is 100% worth it. And THAT, knowing I might have helped a child avoid what I went through, is great therapy for me.

Quoting MsMimna:

I'm sorry you went through that....but why do you want to put it out there ? I get the "not being ashamed" but it almost sounds like you are proud of it.

I was molested for years by my parents oldest son (no, I don't call him my brother ) and its not something I want to constantly relive. Is it therapy for you? I'm not bashing...just trying to understand....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM
What a nice post....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people are to bored, and need psychological help, you're one of them! Who post this type of "ask me, I was molested" post. This doesn't prevent awareness! How would it? Go to therapy, and stop seeking attention from the whole world. ..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked already but...
How does it effect your sex life now? Can you only O when thinking about nonconsensual sex?
I ask because I was molested as an infant and though I obviously have no memory of it I have this problem.. It really gets to me :-\
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured