Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

who the hell introduces Cailou to an almost 4 year old?  are you fucking kidding me.

now my DD tantrums, screams and throws fit like that whiney effin boy on TV.

and he also introduced her to the care bears.  really she is too effin old to be watching that shit.

she was perfectly content with VICTORiouS and Marvin Marvin.

my DH thinks its appropriate for her to watch it.  UGHHHH.. he doesnt have to deal with her all day or listen to her.

geez.

oh and i really dont give  shit if you allow your child to watch it, it teaches your child how to whine and throw fits and give in when they dont get their way

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
averysmommom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Mine was never in to Cailou but was a Barney freak for ever!!!! I hated Max and Ruby tho! That kid was an ass! Lol. I didn't think Care Bears would be too young but I had a boy n he never watched it so I can't argue either way. 

rockgal81
by Steph on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Haha this is funny! You realize she's 3 right? Thats the age that they throw tantrums and it has nothing to do with tv. Lol You sound like a spoiled brat yourself! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Um step up and be a parent and don't blame the tv.
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Cailou is whiney, but that has nothing to with how your child is acting.

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

LMAO @ you blaming TV for your childs bratty behavior.

Acid
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM

This is the day and age in which we live.

It's the television's fault my kid doesn't listen.  Or, it's the neighbours fault, or the store where we got candy, or her friend's, cousin's mother's, uncle's, vet's, doctor's, aunt's, fault.

People bass the blame onto other's and then wonder why their kid is 14 and pregnant...or 14 and drunk/high/failing/in a gang or whatever.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Quoting Acid:

This is the day and age in which we live.

It's the television's fault my kid doesn't listen.  Or, it's the neighbours fault, or the store where we got candy, or her friend's, cousin's mother's, uncle's, vet's, doctor's, aunt's, fault.

People bass the blame onto other's and then wonder why their kid is 14 and pregnant...or 14 and drunk/high/failing/in a gang or whatever.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

I agree.

IpoopRainbows
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM

How about YOU teach her how to behave then instead of letting the tv to do that. Im so sick of parents saying, this show made my dd act this way! No you let her act that way and you dont correct it. My kids watch it, oldest tried to pull the same damn thing, you wanna know what i did. I sat her butt down, told her why its not okay to act like that and that Caillou is just a cartoon, and just because you see other little kids acting that way, doesn't mean you can too.

Hippimama333
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I'm watching the smurfs right now, I love cartoons . I have to have them on to go to sleep and stay asleep in the mornings! It's something me and my ss can actually agree on doing together !

Quoting Anonymous:

Same here!! I still watch cartoons when the kids aren't even home!! Hahaha I would hate to be a stick in the mud like the op!!

Quoting MelanieMans:

My son loves when I sing along to songs from Blues Clues lol. I'm just a big kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

So I guess you put an age limit on what your kids can watch? Really, Care Bears is too young? Hell, I'm 30 and I still watch the rug rats with my kids!! I feel bad for your child.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM

So it's tv shows your kids watch that make them bratty? And wouldn't Victorious be too old for a 4 year old? Never heard of Marvin Marvin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)