Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women who excercise

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

whats the difference between the excercise bike that sits you upright like a real bike or the one on the floor (mini) that you (im guessing) lay down and pedal?

what difference does it do when it comes to toning the legs and abs? any one better?

*****side question******

anyone know if kick boxing is only leg excerise or is it also including regular boxing ?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:18 AM
The regular bike is better, your whole body is engaged on it. Kickboxing is also an entire body workout. You learn punching, kicking, and boxing moves. It's very intense. Two girls threw up in the first class I took.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Idk on the bike I don't use machines too often. Kickboxing sometime includes punching and tones legs, abs, and arms

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Quoting Stephd710:

The regular bike is better, your whole body is engaged on it. Kickboxing is also an entire body workout. You learn punching, kicking, and boxing moves. It's very intense. Two girls threw up in the first class I took.

thanks you!! for the response and eek threw up really? so i want to join today with a girlfriend and i wanted to make sure it does everything not just legs, but i havent been working out for years so will they except me in the class or wait till i get more excerise ready, like will they look at me like i will slow the class down im guess im trying to say lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM

bump

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Stephd710:

thanks you!! for the response and eek threw up really? so i want to join today with a girlfriend and i wanted to make sure it does everything not just legs, but i havent been working out for years so will they except me in the class or wait till i get more excerise ready, like will they look at me like i will slow the class down im guess im trying to say lol

Joining a gym? Or just a class? 

If you are joining a full gym, classes are optional and you don't have to take them.. CFT get paid on commission at most gyms so the more people in class, the more $$ they make, but they don't force you into a class if you are not ready. 

Don't just rely on a bike though. You should take advantage of all of the equipment in a gym- treadmill, bike, elliptical, rower, ladder, stepper, weights... You should be doing cardio 4-5x per week for 30-60 minutes each workout and you should be strength training 2-3x per week for 30-45 minutes per workout. It is best if you work different muscle groups each workout and you should have 48 hours between resistance training days to allow your muscles adequate time to restrand and rebuild. 

As far as kickboxing, it is a great workout as it works many different large and small muscle groups at one time. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Kick boxing incorporates the whole body. I never used the bike it doesn't give me a good work out. Try the elliptical or treadmill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM
The instructor I had was like a drill sergeant. Lol! But she let us take breaks if we needed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Stephd710:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by Jen on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Kick boxing includes basically all muscles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)