• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fisher price toys...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:23 AM
  • 16 Replies

I was told by an old coworker that if you bring old fisher price toys/gear into toys r us they will give you either the newer version of that toy/gear or geoffrey bucks, if they no longer make that item, so you can buy something new. Has anyone ever heard of this? Or done this??

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughingTattoo
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:23 AM

BUMP!

Cmgmqmmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:24 AM

My kids model for Fisher Price at the Fisher Price headquarters and I have never heard of it.

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Thanks for the bump! I'm curious to find out if it's true. She said they even went to yardsales to get old crappy toys and traded those in too. 

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

BUMP!

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM

i doubt thats true

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM

hmm I dont know who I would call to find out. The toys have a lifetime guarentee anyway right? Buy you must need some type of proof of purchase..

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

My kids model for Fisher Price at the Fisher Price headquarters and I have never heard of it.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I just looked at both the Toys R Us site and the Fisher Price site and neither mentioned anything about trading in old toys. It looks like Toy R Us recently did a baby gear trade in (carseats, etc.) where you got credit towards new merchandise, but nothing about any toys.

Kimberlynn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I have not heard anything about this. If they did do that, wouldn't Toys R Us lose money by replacing everyone's old toys for free? You know what I mean? On the other hand, if they did do this, then WooHoo! I'm going shopping for upgrades! LOL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:29 AM

hmm oh well, Thank you!

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I just looked at both the Toys R Us site and the Fisher Price site and neither mentioned anything about trading in old toys. It looks like Toy R Us recently did a baby gear trade in (carseats, etc.) where you got credit towards new merchandise, but nothing about any toys.

AnnLanders
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Interesting...

I loved their trade-in day when we were shopping for baby gear.  I'd buy $2 umbrella strollers at goodwill and trade those suckers in for 25% off a new one.  The point was to keep up with current safety standards by getting the outdated stuff off the street, so I can see this being true in part. It might be a discount rather than free swap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I have heard they will give you new toys in exchange for money!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)