Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Most people collecting disability payments could work - true or false?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 175 Replies

Poll

Question: Most people collecting disability payments could work

Options:

I know this is true

I think this is more likely to be true than to be false

Don't know / No Opinion / Other / Equally likely

I think this is more likely to be false than to be true

I know this is false

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 162

View Results

Someone in another thread made a claim:

most COULD work if they tried to find a job that fit them. If they need job training and assistance with placement, that's fine and absolutley I'd love to pay for it. But I am not willing to pay for people because they can't do the job that they want to do and don't want to do the job they can.

Do you think the claim is true or false?

What is your evidence?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM
6 moms liked this

I think there is some fraud, but I know how hard it is to get disability. It isn't just something you "sign up for" and get. Most people are denied at least once, if not multiple times

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I know of a few women who have actually coached and trained their kids to play crazy  to get those big checks for them .  It a shame .  I also have a family member who deserves to get a check on every odd day of the month  but he does not qualify  and he is crazy ass hell .  The people who really deserve these checks  dont qualify for them . This man is a person with severe problems .  He was abused by his mothers boyfriend for 7 years and when he was 7 he watched his abuser murder his mother  and then himself . 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM

which disability? Both? There are many deaf folks that dont work and they can work.

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I don't know. I haven't ever been in that position, and I'm not inclined to pretend like I know what the people who are in that position are feeling or going through.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I think some, not most. Actually I'd venture to say its 50/50.
Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I don't have enough experience. I know a father and son on disability. The father has cancer and the son was in a severe accident that caused physical and mental disabilities. He cannot walk without a walker, and even then, not far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
True
ammiemarie0307
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

those big checks. the most a child is going to get 710 a month. there is a screening process that is wicked lengtly. shut your ignorant mouth.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know of a few women who have actually coached and trained their kids to play crazy  to get those big checks for them .  It a shame .  I also have a family member who deserves to get a check on every odd day of the month  but he does not qualify  and he is crazy ass hell .  The people who really deserve these checks  dont qualify for them . This man is a person with severe problems .  He was abused by his mothers boyfriend for 7 years and when he was 7 he watched his abuser murder his mother  and then himself . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I know someone who frauds disability, says she has bipolar , thing is her bipolar only acts up when she needs to be evaluated for disability.. Too the point she cant drive herself to the appt but the next day is miracolously better .. If you were to point this out to her, she states" my bad back ya know."

SillyDayze
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I just received my first denial for disability, which my lawyer said is normal.But my appeal should speed right through. I don't wast disability. I am 35 and I loved the job I had. So this is my option... and it sucks big time!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured