Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro-choicer's (not an abortion post)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
So for people who are pro-choice. Do you think if the father of the fetus wants a woman to abort, but she doesn't want to, should be able to terminate his parental rights without the woman's consent?

ETA: I mean 100% terminate, no child support, no contact or support at all.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CutieCrab
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I thought anyone could give up their parental rights without needing consent....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes but it should be done in the same time frame an abortion would of been done. Not after the baby is here. I think they need a way for fathers to sign just like a woman can abort.
NoahandEliza
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Sure...but giving up his rights only means his rights to visitation. Child support can still be enforced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM
You're comparing apples to oranges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
idunno1234
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

This.  But I would also add if a dude doesn't want a baby, then the dude should either keep it zipped or wrapped.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Sure...but giving up his rights only means his rights to visitation. Child support can still be enforced.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I do, either party should have an "out" if they so choose, the issue is the legalities. I have no clue how that would work since paternity can't be established until the birth of the child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM
But why should he be forced to support a child he never wanted to begin with? If he wanted abortion or adoption, but she wanted to keep it: she should be able to, but he should be able to excuse himself of any and all support.

Why is it that the child is half his DNA, but the woman has total control of the child until its born... She makes all decision, to hell with the man... Until its born and then she got her band out for money... Being all 'This is your baby, take some responsibility.'

It just seems like a double standard to me.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
If a man didn't want anything to do with a child- let him leave. Its better than resentment.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM

He should be able to, but it should be before the baby is born.

teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I agree wi you. Why is that only men have to take responsibility for their actions, and women don't have to?

Quoting Anonymous:

But why should he be forced to support a child he never wanted to begin with? If he wanted abortion or adoption, but she wanted to keep it: she should be able to, but he should be able to excuse himself of any and all support.

Why is it that the child is half his DNA, but the woman has total control of the child until its born... She makes all decision, to hell with the man... Until its born and then she got her band out for money... Being all 'This is your baby, take some responsibility.'

It just seems like a double standard to me.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN