Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Your Child Collect Anything Different?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know a lot of kids collect typical things like hot wheels cars, barbies, etc.

But does your child collect anything different than the norm?

My son collects rubber ducks. He's always loved ducks. Whenever I see a new, cute rubber duck we get it.

He currently has 13 rubber ducks and we have been collecting for about a year.

Kroger gets some really cute ones in that usually reflect the season. Around xmas time I got him a snowman duck and then yesterday I got him a duck that was wearing sunglasses for the summer season. They are only 2 dollars each so they aren't expensive.

I do not allow them all to be in the bath at once because I am not squeezing out 13 ducks lol. But he sure does love his ducks!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edelweiss23
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM
My 9 year old collects lady bug things.

My middle child collects sea glass( mostly the green and blue ones).

My 2 year old likes bouncy balls
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Rocks.

Lord, the rocks.

All rocks.

Any rock.

This has been going on since she was 13 months old.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM

You guys should see his face whenever I give him a new duck. It's as if I just gave him a huge present or something LOL.

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM

You can put a dab of hot glue in the hole in the bottom to prevent water from getting in.  Of course, they won't squeak anymore, either.  Your son's old enough that he could do it himself, if he wanted.

HelloSweetie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Yoshi everything

do11face
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My 6 year old son is obsessed with New York.

So, he collects New York themed items. He has a subway map, a statue of liberty, a framed illustrated picture of New York in his room, um some other stuff I can't think of now.

We hope we can take him there one of these days. He needs to get a little older, though.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Everything  for my son since he could talk is dinosaurs, hes got dinos on his pillows, dino toys, dino movies, he dreams of them, he pretends to be one. Hes obsessed with dinosaurs ( hes 6 and can tell you which dinosaurs lived in  each  period and knows a crazy amount of dinosaur names)

idee
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM

That is so cute.

My daughter is 15 and collects Rue Morgue magazines. It is a magazine that talks about horror in society and entertainment. She wants to become a mortician.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Buggers. She picks her nose while she's on the potty in her bathroom. The left wall is where she whips her finger and leaves her buggers. She won't let anyone clean it off -.- she's just like her DAMN DADDY!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
piercedbeauty21
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Same here! I've found rocks in Dd's closet by the bucket full, under her bed, sometimes in her pillow cases, in her drawers, in the crayon box, etc. She's 4 and has been picking up rocks ever since she started walking lol. It drives me nuts when I find little pebbles in the washer! This year I'm going to let her have a rock garden outside. I'm going to prepare a little piece of the backyard for her, where she can put all her favorite rocks.

Quoting randi1978:

Rocks.

Lord, the rocks.

All rocks.

Any rock.

This has been going on since she was 13 months old.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)