Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 4 year old has an iPhone....GET OVER IT!

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, it's really an Android.

My mom upgraded hers and gave DS the old one. Everything is deactivated but he can still play games and download them when WiFi is activated.

LOL some of the looks I get when I inadvertantly tell people something like "DS' phone...". I get the death stare like, "OMG, WHY does your 4 year old have a phone." I have to explain it.

I've had a few stares in public but I rarely allow it in public unless I know we're going to be in a certain place for a long time.

What is something people look at you crazy for, that your children have or have told them about?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My 16 month has an iPad and FH's old blackberry people she how see can turn it on unlock and scroll things some are impressed some shake their head

balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Just because you can doesn't mean you should…

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Dd is 5 and doesn't have one yet.  But she will as soon as she starts going places without me.

Facetime makes it impossible for kids to be sneaky about where they are lol. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

My 3 year old has a galaxy 4s

ABCmouse has a bunch of apps that you can download, and she loves ABCmouse. If I know we're going to a place that's going to bore her and make her act up, I bring it with us to keep her occupied. She's learning (she's 3 and knows her ABCs, numbers to 100, she's reading at a 1st grade level, and she knows how to write many different words) so who am I to complain. If people have a problem they usually shut up once they hear about what she knows how to do because of that technology.

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

My 2 year old nephew can work an Iphone better than I can lol!  Its amazing how quickly kids pick up on technology! 

Quoting zeenah:

My 16 month has an iPad and FH's old blackberry people she how she can turn it on unlock and scroll things some are impressed some shake their head

BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

How is one phone too much technology? It's the ONLY piece of technology I will allow and I have strict rules of time allotment.

He's not allowed to have it after school, he is to be outside playing, then dinner, then bath, the brush teeth, then he can have it for 30 minutes before bed....I don't think that's too much. It's much better than kids who rush home from school and sit on xbox or whatever until bed.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's an honest shame. Waaay too much technology. He's too little.

AnnLanders
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My 2yo has adopted all of our old electronics.  She has a laptop, iPhone and iPod.  We don't usually leave the house with any of them, but it keeps her away from mine :-)

CherryMaraMae
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont see a problem with it. when i got a new phone i gave my old one to my 5 yr old. it doesnt work but i had a bunch of kid games downloaded on there for her so its in her room on charge and she plays games on it. She also has a leappad2 and plays on the computer for about an hr a day (jumpstart.com) to further her education. She is a very smart girl.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My 5&3 year olds have iPads. I didn't buy them my dad did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
We have an iPad that the whole family shares, and we let dd play learning games on it for ~15 minutes a day (supervised).

I let her play apps on my cell phone in the grocery store.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN