Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 4 year old has an iPhone....GET OVER IT!

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, it's really an Android.

My mom upgraded hers and gave DS the old one. Everything is deactivated but he can still play games and download them when WiFi is activated.

LOL some of the looks I get when I inadvertantly tell people something like "DS' phone...". I get the death stare like, "OMG, WHY does your 4 year old have a phone." I have to explain it.

I've had a few stares in public but I rarely allow it in public unless I know we're going to be in a certain place for a long time.

What is something people look at you crazy for, that your children have or have told them about?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Correction she doesn't have a phone,she has apps she plays on the phone. If she had a phone it will be connected and she could make calls. Dd is 6 has a kindle fire,iPod,a Wii.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. We don't pay attention like that. You sound slightly self absorbed that others would be so focused on you.
VinhThiMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Eh, my 5 and 7 year old have an iPhone 3GS and 4. We upgraded, they don't have cell service, and we have it on lockdown. They listen to music (kidz bop) and play games.

zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol she keeps changing things that I don't know how to fix she'll use a relatives iPhone and they're shocked when she unlocks it and get into thing. She works my android too. They learn too quick!

Quoting rosaleeandtwo:

My 2 year old nephew can work an Iphone better than I can lol!  Its amazing how quickly kids pick up on technology! 

Quoting zeenah:

My 16 month has an iPad and FH's old blackberry people she how she can turn it on unlock and scroll things some are impressed some shake their head

Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM
My dd(4) has a prepaid tracphone. Its just for emergencies.
beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My 8 yo has an IPod. My two littlest ones three and one have Androids as well. Just like you, everything is de activated. People think I'm nuts as well. My kids also have their own laptops. My dh is a tech geek so....we have a lot of technology going on in this housE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Our 13, 12, 4, and 3 year old all have their own laptops.  The little oens have Chromebook and the older one have Dells.  

We have two TVs hanging on our living room wall with two X-boes connected to them.  I get a lot of coments over that.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol self absorbed.............MOST definitely!!!

Quoting MichelleSw:

Lol. We don't pay attention like that. You sound slightly self absorbed that others would be so focused on you.

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM

They really do! I thought at first my nephew was just playing around on his mom's phone and went to take it from him.  SIL said "no that's his (her old one)...he knows what to do."  And he did!  I was shocked...he knew how to unlock, pick the game he wanted and away he went. 

I'm still figuring out my galaxy almost a year after getting it lol. 

Quoting zeenah:

Lol she keeps changing things that I don't know how to fix she'll use a relatives iPhone and they're shocked when she unlocks it and get into thing. She works my android too. They learn too quick!

Quoting rosaleeandtwo:

My 2 year old nephew can work an Iphone better than I can lol!  Its amazing how quickly kids pick up on technology! 

Quoting zeenah:

My 16 month has an iPad and FH's old blackberry people she how she can turn it on unlock and scroll things some are impressed some shake their head

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I think people look at you like you're crazy when you say those things because they're used to raising their kids instead of providing an electronic babysitter for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)