Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 4 year old has an iPhone....GET OVER IT!

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, it's really an Android.

My mom upgraded hers and gave DS the old one. Everything is deactivated but he can still play games and download them when WiFi is activated.

LOL some of the looks I get when I inadvertantly tell people something like "DS' phone...". I get the death stare like, "OMG, WHY does your 4 year old have a phone." I have to explain it.

I've had a few stares in public but I rarely allow it in public unless I know we're going to be in a certain place for a long time.

What is something people look at you crazy for, that your children have or have told them about?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (221-224):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
So many stupid reasons on here why people give their kids electronic devices. The entitled raising even more entitled children. No wonder our world is so fucked up.
BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I don't see how my son feels "entitled"...but oooootay!!

Quoting Anonymous:

So many stupid reasons on here why people give their kids electronic devices. The entitled raising even more entitled children. No wonder our world is so fucked up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I don't know your kid so I am not passing judgment on him. But, IMHO a four year old has no buisiness even knowing what video games are. Those games are not good for little kid's brain development. Really there is not much else to discuss here. If you don't believe me read a couple of scientific studies on how those games are harmful for little developing brains.

Quoting BeAmour:

Ya know, I've been watching the back and forth. I'm not even going to bash, at all. I have no position to bash anyone or be judgmental.
We all have our opinions and we have a right to them. Not one person in this post is without a doubt, right or wrong.

With that being said, I feel that you have an image in your head that all kids are like your nephew and a lot of them are like that but not all.

There can absolutely be a healthy balance between the two. My DS will choose to play outside or play with his cars, do an art project with me, etc before his phone. Maybe my DS is in the minority.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, don't worry I am planning on it. Cousin or not, if your kid is hooked on electronics, like a junkie on his fix, my kid isn't going to hang out with him/her. I won't let him hang out with a junkie either, why should I let him hang out with kids who are addicted to video games and tv. I have the best interest of my kid at heart and I will protect them from the evil and harm those things will cause. I want to keep my kids healthy and smart, not troubled and dumb!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh's sister just got her 4 year old a tablet. We are going to have a serious talk about family gatherings. If the kid brings it along to a family gatherinf, there will be no more family gatherings for us to attend. We minimize our kid's exposure to technology. People are loosing the ability to interact and behave like people. We are all just becoming zombies glued to the screen. I won't allow such a horrific childhood experience for my kids. I want my kids to be kids and enjoy the real things in life. You know, like going out and playing with a ball, riding their bikes, doing sports, swimming, finding bugs and interacting with nature. Like the things humans are supposed to do!!!

So yeah, most likely I would shame you too, it is pretty shameful!

overbearing much? I'd tell you to stay home, you don't get to dictate everyone.

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I gave my 6yo my old iPhone. It's set up where she can only play games. It's deactivated too.

She also has a Nabi 2 that she loves to play with :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)