Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 4 year old has an iPhone....GET OVER IT!

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, it's really an Android.

My mom upgraded hers and gave DS the old one. Everything is deactivated but he can still play games and download them when WiFi is activated.

LOL some of the looks I get when I inadvertantly tell people something like "DS' phone...". I get the death stare like, "OMG, WHY does your 4 year old have a phone." I have to explain it.

I've had a few stares in public but I rarely allow it in public unless I know we're going to be in a certain place for a long time.

What is something people look at you crazy for, that your children have or have told them about?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Let DS see your password once...........it's ON!

Quoting zeenah:

Lol she keeps changing things that I don't know how to fix she'll use a relatives iPhone and they're shocked when she unlocks it and get into thing. She works my android too. They learn too quick!

Quoting rosaleeandtwo:

My 2 year old nephew can work an Iphone better than I can lol!  Its amazing how quickly kids pick up on technology! 

Quoting zeenah:

My 16 month has an iPad and FH's old blackberry people she how she can turn it on unlock and scroll things some are impressed some shake their head

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's a big deal. DD (7) has an Android tablet that she uses all of the time and my old Samsung galaxy phone (not activated). She started using iPads in school in kindy. Her school has a few of them in each classroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I think that's stupid. Our society is too plugged in. We have two days a week where there is no cell phones or games systems. Mom and dad keep phones on but do not access internet or text. They are for emergency only on those days. 

KawaiiLila
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd uses my iPhone when in out shopping. Since I only get out about once a month it usually takes a really long time. So when she starts to be stir crazy I'll give her the iPhone and she can either play a game or watch a show. It keeps her busy and happy while I get done what I need to. She's almost two btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

My 4.5 yo DD has my old iphone 3gs. Its deactivated so she can only play games/download them with my password for itunes and when she's on wifi. I get those death stares too but she only plays on it in the car or while waiting in the doctor's office.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

NICE!

I'm actually glad DS does have this Android for that purpose. I'm going into EMS so it's become very important to me that he knows how to dial 911, what to say, etc.....and even with his Android, he can still get through to 911 and knows how to. My dad isn't in very good health and if he goes down, I'll be attending to him and I'm glad DS can get dial for me.

Quoting Sister.Menses:

My dd(4) has a prepaid tracphone. Its just for emergencies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My daughter goes to school with very well off kids, they have evrything under the sun. I usually get the upturned nose when people find out my child doesn't have all the latest gadgets  :/   

We can afford it, but I just don't think it's necessary at this point in her young life.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

SHAME ON YOU! Unplug yourself! Tisk Tisk Tisk!

Quoting Elyce225:

Our 13, 12, 4, and 3 year old all have their own laptops.  The little oens have Chromebook and the older one have Dells.  

We have two TVs hanging on our living room wall with two X-boes connected to them.  I get a lot of coments over that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

The other day I was in the grocery store the other day and this guy was pushing two girls in a car cart.  They had their dual dvd set up and were watching a move,  I thought that was a bit excessive....but whatever.  Who am I to decide what your kid has and doesn't have.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM

They can look at me how they want, idgaf :-)

They don't the circumstances into when I do and don't allow my child to have it, which if you care to know, it's at most 30 minutes before bed. It leaves the house when we take a long car ride or I know we'll be somewhere a long time. Still, idgaf.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think people look at you like you're crazy when you say those things because they're used to raising their kids instead of providing an electronic babysitter for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN