Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 4 year old has an iPhone....GET OVER IT!

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, it's really an Android.

My mom upgraded hers and gave DS the old one. Everything is deactivated but he can still play games and download them when WiFi is activated.

LOL some of the looks I get when I inadvertantly tell people something like "DS' phone...". I get the death stare like, "OMG, WHY does your 4 year old have a phone." I have to explain it.

I've had a few stares in public but I rarely allow it in public unless I know we're going to be in a certain place for a long time.

What is something people look at you crazy for, that your children have or have told them about?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (41-50):
BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

See, this is pretty much the only thing I'll allow.

I have vowed to not let gaming systems into the house. I've pushed my limit with the Android but I won't do the gaming system in the house.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Yeah I think that's stupid. Our society is too plugged in. We have two days a week where there is no cell phones or games systems. Mom and dad keep phones on but do not access internet or text. They are for emergency only on those days. 

lilbit53009
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

my almost 4yo has an iPad. my husband brought it for me last year for my bday but i don't like apple products and i never use it. it stays in his room (except for when he's in trouble and can't use it) and it has all games for him on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh's sister just got her 4 year old a tablet. We are going to have a serious talk about family gatherings. If the kid brings it along to a family gatherinf, there will be no more family gatherings for us to attend. We minimize our kid's exposure to technology. People are loosing the ability to interact and behave like people. We are all just becoming zombies glued to the screen. I won't allow such a horrific childhood experience for my kids. I want my kids to be kids and enjoy the real things in life. You know, like going out and playing with a ball, riding their bikes, doing sports, swimming, finding bugs and interacting with nature. Like the things humans are supposed to do!!!

So yeah, most likely I would shame you too, it is pretty shameful!

MommyofJustin
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
My son has a couple of cell phonea without the battery. Just play phones. However he does play on mommy and daddys phone but ONLY when we have been somewhere for a very long time and he is getting extremely bored. He is two.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

lol then shame on me for also limiting technology :-).

This is the only thing he has and it's very limited on use. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh's sister just got her 4 year old a tablet. We are going to have a serious talk about family gatherings. If the kid brings it along to a family gatherinf, there will be no more family gatherings for us to attend. We minimize our kid's exposure to technology. People are loosing the ability to interact and behave like people. We are all just becoming zombies glued to the screen. I won't allow such a horrific childhood experience for my kids. I want my kids to be kids and enjoy the real things in life. You know, like going out and playing with a ball, riding their bikes, doing sports, swimming, finding bugs and interacting with nature. Like the things humans are supposed to do!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM

clearly. if you "gaf" youd stop using electronic babysitters.

Quoting BeAmour:

They can look at me how they want, idgaf :-)

They don't the circumstances into when I do and don't allow my child to have it, which if you care to know, it's at most 30 minutes before bed. It leaves the house when we take a long car ride or I know we'll be somewhere a long time. Still, idgaf.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think people look at you like you're crazy when you say those things because they're used to raising their kids instead of providing an electronic babysitter for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Those are nice things to do you are correct. Its amazing. However i don't see what 15-30 mins a day would do? Sorry hun but your not better then anyone. Ypur just keeping your kids away from something that the qhole world is turning into.

Quoting Anonymous:

BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

No, not really. IF I were using it as an electronic babysitter, possibly but since I'm not....I truly don't give a fuck :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

clearly. if you "gaf" youd stop using electronic babysitters.

Quoting BeAmour:

They can look at me how they want, idgaf :-)

They don't the circumstances into when I do and don't allow my child to have it, which if you care to know, it's at most 30 minutes before bed. It leaves the house when we take a long car ride or I know we'll be somewhere a long time. Still, idgaf.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think people look at you like you're crazy when you say those things because they're used to raising their kids instead of providing an electronic babysitter for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM

At what cost? I don't care if the whole world is turining into it. The whole world is also dumb enough to eat the crap food they sell in the supremarkets, GM shit and all. I don't. Then the whole world start fussing about high rates of ADHD, autism and what not. Guess what, I don't worry about those things. I have happy healthy, social and sane kids. I've seen some of those awekward kids who can barely talk and interact with others. My kids are not like that, and yes they are better than most kids their age!!! My kid gets 100% in school, speaks two languages and is on his way to get his black belt in taekwando, this is all because he doesn't use technology like the rest of them sheeps out there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Those are nice things to do you are correct. Its amazing. However i don't see what 15-30 mins a day would do? Sorry hun but your not better then anyone. Ypur just keeping your kids away from something that the qhole world is turning into.

Quoting Anonymous:

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My 4 year old has a tablet lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN