Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 3 Replies

A little back story first.  A good friend moved to another state about 5 years ago.  She moved with her two kids and started a new life away from all the drama she had been going through.  Fast forward a few years and she meets a guy, whom is in the process of an ugly divorce.  They move in together and have a baby, mind you the man is still married and has a child with his wife.  They are continuously fighting over everything.  And it is always his side against hers.  She says he beats her, he says she started hitting him and he put her to the floor as defense.  She moves out and a week later they are back together.  It has been going on since the baby was born and he is about 1.5 years.  

Ok so this morning I log onto FB and I see that he has posted about her cheating on him and her taking off with the baby.  I call her and talk to her and she said he is nuts that she never cheated.  But has moved to a friends house in the meantime.  I then talk to him and he tells me that she is talking to her ex on the phone lately and he takes that as cheating.

Then her sister calls me and asks me to stop talking to the guy in this.  What would you do?  In my mind he has never done anything bad to me.  He is a great father and I don't blame him for being mad.  She wants me, my dh and our friends to all unfriend him and stop talking to him.  And they will probably be back together next week. 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BridgeEbb
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM

BUMP!

MrsCountryMama
by Jackie Mama on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM
That's a tough one because you don't want to stop talking to him if they are going to get back together eventually.

It sounds like they both have too much drama I would probably distance myself from both of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BridgeEbb
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Thats what I am thinking too.  They have broken up and had the cops involved and restraining orders before.  They always spend about a week apart and then they get back together. I am actually annoyed that her sister would ask me to do that.  

Quoting MrsCountryMama:

That's a tough one because you don't want to stop talking to him if they are going to get back together eventually.

It sounds like they both have too much drama I would probably distance myself from both of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)