Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking pervert!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 7 Replies
So my family & I flew to Disney World. We had to have one layover on the way. The first flight went just fine. The 4 of us were seated in a single row all together. The layover was 3 hours but still went fine. Then came our second flight...

First, they tried to seat my family all separately. With my 4YEAR OLD three rows away from either my DH or myself (baby is a lap child). So we had to switch up out seats. Then they put me & the kids in one row and DH across the way between 2 people.

When we get in the plane, there are people already seated. I KNOW the woman in the window seat of my row SAW my dismay. She took up ALL of her seat and FOUR INCHES OF MINE!!!! So I think, whatever, I'm thin. I can deal. So we sit and I intro myself and the kids (hey 4 hours, she should know who is keeping her up and possibly kicking her) and mention my DH across the way. She gets snotty and says she isn't moving. (Uh okay. I don't recall asking).

DH is able to switch with the ladies he is between to sit on the outside near us. We are still boarding, it's past bedtime and DD ( 1 1/2) wants to nurse. Normally, I wear a blouse that allows just my nipple to come out, but of course all of them are packed except the one I had planned to wear and it was spilled on just before we left. So I cover DD and I with a blanket, all but her head and pull the shirt up to nurse. You could only see maybe 2" of skin, if that. So she's nursing & trying to fall asleep when an older Asian guy notices. He whips out his iPhone and starts recording! Not like all discreetly, but obviously. Putting the phone WAY into my row and seriously bing obvious about it! The phone was close enough that my DD tried to grab it! I smacked the phone away and the mumbles an apology as he goes by. Btw- I was in the MIDDLE seat!!

So we take off. I get the kids to sleep and think okay my turn! (Hey it was late! We didn't land until 5 am!) so I lean the seat "back" right. It leans no more than 5" back!!! Right. I'm so going to sleep that way! Sheesh. So I figure I'll just close my eyes and rest or I'll be drained when we get there.

So for the rest of the flight I'm "laying" there trying to rest. And my neighbor (seat mate) keeps coughing. And I realize- every time she "coughs" she's farting. She never once says excuse me. She just keeps trying to one cheek sneak them under the guise of a cough. So basically since she was IN my seat she was farting ON me! And seriously, it's hard to "sneak" a fart when you're sitting IN someone else's seat! Gross!

I was so glad when we landed.

So far we have had a good time. I'm glad our flight home is a single flight & we are all together!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Whoa!

That is horrible. I would have flipped if he tried to record me. X.x Douchebag.

mamacough
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

This made me laugh out loud. ")

MumsTheWord571
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Yeah the only reason I didn't was that I didn't want DH to beat the snot out of him and us get kicked off the flight. So I didn't say anything until after we landed.

Quoting Lalalie:

Whoa!

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Wow.
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Shit, yeah.

Good call.

But still... what on earth are people like that thinking?!? SMH.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Yeah the only reason I didn't was that I didn't want DH to beat the snot out of him and us get kicked off the flight. So I didn't say anything until after we landed.

Quoting Lalalie:

Whoa!

funny_girl3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM

That was smart and I would have played down the incident too.  Perverts like him deserve to get called out, but it also would have ruined the vacation.  My husband went off on a guy who he thought was staring at me while I was nursing.  I was wearing a cover and I knew there was no way the guy saw anything.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Quoting Lalalie:

Whoa!

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I hope your trip is better than your flight, :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)