Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your baby just died hours ago and you're on FB?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 663 Replies

So yeah, I have a guy I'm friends with on FB who had this happen to him.

His wife went into labor at 29 weeks. Baby boy lived a full 24 hours before he passed on (not sure on the full story of complications he was born with).

Dad posted one picture of him, a status about how he shouldn't have to bury his son, and has been on since sharing funny pictures and statuses and just "liking" random things.

I get all people grieve differently, but it just doesn't seem like he's grieving at all.

So the question, if this was you, would YOUR husband be on FB sharing pictures and statuses, or would he be there supporting and comforting you as you grieve together?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm pretty sure my xh probably would.

He's a narcassist so I'm willing to bet, yes.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM
13 moms liked this

We are very private people. We wouldnt even post anything about it on facebook, but no.

fallenstars
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM
72 moms liked this
Me and dh don't have face book but if that's what he wants to do to occupy his time and maybe push feelings to the side until he can cope then so be it. Who is anyone to judge. When dhs mom passed we cleaned her stuff out before her funeral because that's what he wanted to do. He went to work just hrs after we got the phone call from the hospice center
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't either, but then again I'm not a man. Everyone grieves differently is all I can say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytoaangel
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Supporting me our sons passed on dec 05 2012 he posted our twin boys were born to early an they past that was it no doing what this guy did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
36 moms liked this

Your not you're.And you have no place judging them, unless you have walked in their shoes, and even if you have lost a child, you still have no room to talk.

lilbit53009
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
51 moms liked this

i'm not sure how he would act since we've never been faced with a situation like that...it's hard to say how anyone would act until it happens

he could be sitting there in the hospital room with her and all their family but not knowing how to feel or what to do at the moment so he's just scrolling on FB mindlessly. you have no idea....

mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
6 moms liked this

heck no he would probably take it harder than I would. Maybe he is trying to keep himself busy and to not think about it so much

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Sympathy seeker?

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
3 moms liked this

My nephew lost his son to sids.  They posted it on facebook which I found very disheartening.  We went to the funeral and the mom was laughing...not smiling....laughing.  Everyone does handle grief differently, it really taught me not to judge....you never know what is going on inside someone's head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured