Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o keeping kids away from electronics???

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 101 Replies
5 moms liked this
So i was reading the post about the littlw kids having technology.

One comment got me. I understand how some people dont likd their kids being around technology. You do realize the world is turning into technology right? We are replacing written driving tests with machines. To apply for a job you have to use a computer for the internet or go to the store where there is a computer set.up? Cashiers have been replaced with self check out machines. Voting is being done on computers not paper. Cars run off computers now. So many more.

Keeping your kids from having technology woll hurt them in the future unless they are amish!
The only jobs will be repairing and fixing the machines replacing us or to use the machines etc. What happens when your kid is technology eliterate (sp?)

Just something i was thinking about this world is switching to technology fast. 15-30 mins a day will not hurt them but maybe keeping them away from it will...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyofJustin
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Bump
MommyofJustin
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Bump!!
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  Technology IS the future, and those fixing the machines ALSO need to know technology. 

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Hmmm, how many of those thing is a young kid going to do?

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

My kindergartener takes a computer class in school, I figure they will be teaching her what she needs to know about technology. She does not have hand held video games or anything like that because I want her to be active and use her imagination. When she is older she can have more electronics, but for now I dont think she needs them.

MommyofJustin
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Well when i say young i mean like less then 20. Lol but there are aome that wont even let their teens have technology.

Quoting cutebaby06:

Hmmm, how many of those thing is a young kid going to do?

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

My sons prek class has a computer station its required they take their turns and they pay for all the kids to be on raz-kids for reading assignments. How would he be able to do his homework if I kept him away. Also Jumpstart.com is a great educational tool for my son. So ya I allow him compter time. Its actually a requirement in our house. At least three books a day.

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this
My kids have limited time on electronics. It will not consume their lives.
MommyofJustin
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Yesss!! Thank you but at least you will give them later in life. Im talking about these people who are strictly NEVER going to allow them technology in their home. :)

Quoting thenameshailie:

My kindergartener takes a computer class in school, I figure they will be teaching her what she needs to know about technology. She does not have hand held video games or anything like that because I want her to be active and use her imagination. When she is older she can have more electronics, but for now I dont think she needs them.

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't agree with an abundance of technology and allowing kids to have every piece and being on it 24/7 but I mean damn......one or two that is allowed for limited use.....GOD FORBID!

Apparently it's "shameful" and using it for 30 minutes a day is using it as an "electronic babysitter"....THE HORROR!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)