Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i am just at a loss

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 40 Replies
i have 4 kids. my daughter is 21. lives with her fiance and will be getting married in september. she works very hard and has held her job for 2 years. then i have my twin boys...6 y.o. then there is my first born son. he just turned 25. he still lives at home with my dh and i. he wont hold a job down. longest has been 3 months. i love him but he irritates the piss out of me. he does help me with the twins sometimes and does dishes and laundry but this just does not cut it. he tells me every 5 minutes how he is going to get a job and then move to philly in october. we argue alot! he calls me names and calls me lazy etc. he has called me a b%%%% many times. this is not a good example for my boys. i tell him to shut up i cant take it anymore. he had a job opportunity yesterday through a temp agency but refused it cause he says he wants to find his job on his own. i have asked him to please see a dr. cause i think he has bi polar like i do.he gets all pissy and cusses me out. at the rate he is going i dont think he will ever move out. we live in a neighborhood that is a bit rough. we are looking to move. we have found some decent places but they r two bedroom.not gonna work as long as he is here. there is no shelters for him to stay at. i wish he would get his shit together and just move out. he gets mad cause i talk to my daughter and son in law but refuse to talk to him cause i get tired of hearing the same thing over and over like a broken record. he is supposedly job looking in asheville(where my husband works) for a job in our new car. i am just sick of being treated like a door mat with him. sick of the name calling and dont know what to do. it sure does not help my depression any...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bradley102
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
bump
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Put his ass out plain and simple. How can you stand there and take this from your own child or anyone else for that matter?

-MidnightKarma-
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
He is 25 yrs old kick him out. Sink or swim baby because you cant hold his hand through life. Tell him he has x amount of days to gt his shit together cause he is out whether or not he is ready.
bradley102
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM
bump
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM
His jaw needs the palm of your hand for calling you names. Doesn't your husband take him aside and straighten him out? No way would a 25 year old bum be in here. He's taking advantage of you because he knows you won't do anything bad enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jarkrt
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM
This. Do this.

Quoting -MidnightKarma-:

He is 25 yrs old kick him out. Sink or swim baby because you cant hold his hand through life. Tell him he has x amount of days to gt his shit together cause he is out whether or not he is ready.

alegna4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM

youre gonna have to kick him out. he'll figure it out or take that temp job if he doesnt wanna live on the street.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I would tell him he has 30 days to get a job or GTFO. If he doesn't get a job then put him out. He will find a job real quick then you can bring him back if you want so long as he keeps working without quitting or getting fired.... He gets fired it quits and he's out again.

That's what I would do.
bradley102
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM
bump
ashley1693
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM
This. Its time for him to learn to be a grownup. Trust me when he sees its for real hell grow up real quick.

Quoting -MidnightKarma-:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN