Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

one week from today.... and I am scared as crap!!! What do you use as bc? ever had an IUD removed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

I am going in next Wednesday to get my IUD removed. It has been causing me some problems and I finally made the call back to my doc to get it taken out .....back story...... it hurts in during intercourse, in certain positions more than others, I went to get my annual 3 months ago and the doc said it was bent inside if me. She didn't seem to concerned and said I could have her take it out that day but I wanted to talk to my dh about it first. he agreed then that it needed to come out and that I should have had her to take it out that day. Well I have been to chicken-poop to go get it taken out. We don't want more children well maybe one more in a year or so we will decided whether or not we want to start trying. I am extremely fertile, and we love to go at it so i am really worried about getitng pregnant.

Not only that but I have heard taht it is really painfull to get them taken out. 

What bc do you use, condoms are not an option for us because the give me a rash down there. And yes we have tried different ones, not to mention we hate them anyway. I have been doing my research and yea, not sure about this. 

I have no one in real life I am willing to talk about this with because it seems as though everyone in our lives wants us to have a baby or wishes that we would. We have 2 and right now that is enough.

Thank for listening! 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

bump

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine didn't hurt at all to remove. It literally took seconds to do and was just a tiny pinch and then nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Why not have dh get snipped?

JulieBoyd
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I have an iud, i heard it doesn't hurt...i'm going to get mine removed on saturday for problems as well.
Things1and2mom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I did the shot but spotted on it all the time and now i am on  the pill which i didnt like at first but since i have adjusted to it i like it pretty well .

zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't use birth control in medication form. I track my ovulation though 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

he down right refuses. Plus we still want to decide in another year or so if we want one more child or not. 

Quoting Mommy_Jenx3:

Why not have dh get snipped?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Okay, because every family memeber and friend I have had that has had it removed said it hurt like the dickens, but they also had problems with theirs. 

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Mine didn't hurt at all to remove. It literally took seconds to do and was just a tiny pinch and then nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

what pill are you on?

Quoting Things1and2mom:

I did the shot but spotted on it all the time and now i am on  the pill which i didnt like at first but since i have adjusted to it i like it pretty well .

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Mine caused me to have cysts that ruptured but until then (about 2 years after getting it) I had zero problems with it. Good luck, I hope yours goes well for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, because every family memeber and friend I have had that has had it removed said it hurt like the dickens, but they also had problems with theirs. 

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)