Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Technology Question for Moms

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 23 Replies

Did your family have a computer when you were growing up? Around what age did you get your own? What about game consoles?

My family had a Commodore 64 in 1986 and had computers from that point on. We had Prodigy before anyone else I knew had heard of the internet. 

My kids have been around computers and technology since birth

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

We never had technology when I was a kid. But I was always obsessed with it dd has been around since birth as well. She's not consumed we do other creative and fun things!

KaylasMama11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

growing up we had a computor we had sega genesis we had ninento etc. i had a game boy when i think i was 10 or less i cant remeber.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Yes. My father worked for a large tech company and always had computers at home. I didn't get my own until college because there was really no need. Prodigy was our first internet provider too! Game consoles, we had Coleco Vision and Sega Genesis.

momo3fgr8tteens
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Im old and we didn't have computers when growing up. I bought my first computer when I was in graduate school. My kids have always had a computer in the home. My first computer was an Apple Desktop. Internet access was through the phone jack with a modem.
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM

My first ebook was a copy of The Secret Garden that Prodigy had posted in the kids' section. Now I mainly read all ebooks.

2monstersmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM

We had the old nintendo when I was pretty young, and when I moved out at 16 I had a a sega. 

I just recently (past 2 years) got my first computer... LOL! And I have a cheap phone....

2monstersmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

My boys however, play on the computer and my tablet daily, they have a N64, play station 2, wii, xbox and a tv in their room! 

kim8934
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I had my first computer when I was about 14, yes a commodore 64 back in 1980/1981 (somewhere around there).  we also had atari, nintendo, etc.  name it, we had it.  both my parents were very technology savy.  mom was a computer programmer, dad was electrical engineer.

I bought my first apple IIE when I was around 20 and have had computers ever since.

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I had no cable until I was 18 I had a Nintendo and a Sega but they were bought used a couple years after they had been released. I had a pager as a teen and a cell phone when I was about 20. No internet until I was 16 and my dad needed it for work.
CuriousArentYa
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM

We had a Tandy. 

I got my own computer when I was about 16. We had all of the Nintendos. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)