• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did I go to far?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
Yesterday we were at the store, I have 4 kids. 8yr DS, 8yr SD, 6yr SD, 2yr DD, we went to the bathroom and I waited outside with the baby, some lady came up and started talking to the baby, she was very nice... Then she tried to pick her up, I was like no no, I said I don't want her to think every stranger is good. Really I just don't like strangers touching my kids, what would you have done?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dreamscape1014
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know. I would have probably said something like you did. I would not like someone I didn't know picking up my DD either. That would bother me.

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Honestly, i think you were nicer than i would have been about it. I probably would have gone to security..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I won't let people I dont know touch DS.  Honestly, I would have grabbed her from the lady and told her to back off. 

RLS_mom1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM
She was a little old lady, I didn't feel like she was a threat at all, I just get the Heebie jeebies lol

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Honestly, i think you were nicer than i would have been about it. I probably would have gone to security..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

too

RLS_mom1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Oh no, she hasn't picked her up yet, just held her arms out like she wanted Ally to gone to her

Quoting Anonymous:

I won't let people I dont know touch DS.  Honestly, I would have grabbed her from the lady and told her to back off. 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
People touch DS all the time. Usually old people I think they are just trying to be nice so I let it go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I would have just made up an excuse, like oh I just got him settled in, etc.

Whenever I go to the bank they always want to give my son suckers, I usually make up an excuse like oh he hasn't eaten lunch yet, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have let her pick my baby up either, and I think you handled it well!

RLS_mom1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Thanks captain grammar, what a fucktard... On to more important stuff....

Quoting Anonymous:

too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)