• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 yr old sick with 4 different things....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I have a lil one that seems to be sick all the time in my in home daycare! Since the last week in January she has been sick with 4 different things. In just the last three weeks she has been sick with the following one right after the other: stomach flu/bug, severe cold and now yesterday I sent her home because she almost fell out of her chair at lunch with a 102 temp!

She has not been eating much and incredibly sleepy. I brought up my concerns to the parents prior to her fever yesterday and they said she is tired from getting up at night. I know from experience that you don't need a fever to have something going on!

Poor baby! I had her laying on her blankets on the kitchen floor with the window open. I had to seperate her from the other children and try to keep them and my own baby safe...who knows what she might have.

And despite me closing down to do a complete sanitizing we all got sick with the cold and stomach flu. I've never been sick in all my life. It was HORRIBLE!

Anyways I just told her dad that she has to be seen by a doctor and a doctors note is needed giving the day that she is ok to return to daycare. IDK what else to do. Its hard to handle when she is sick every other month.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I would've done what you did.

supercarp
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I feel for you. One thing though; children can throw a fever for almost no reason. Adults don't do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Oh trust me. I know kids and sickness. I've been a mom for 17 yrs and a provider for 9. This poor lil one couldn't even stand. Turned white as a ghost and was shaking up a storm. Whatever hit her hit her hard...and it usually does. I've had her since she was an infant. I can tell when she is sick.

I've also had lil ones with no fever and be ill. I had one with no fever and she had a lung infection! Her symptoms were tiredness and lack of appetite.

Two weeks ago DH and I had the fevers with the stomach bug. I haven't had a fever since I was a kid! Lol

Quoting supercarp:

I feel for you. One thing though; children can throw a fever for almost no reason. Adults don't do that.

supercarp
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

That stomach bug could have been norovirus. They are nasty.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh trust me. I know kids and sickness. I've been a mom for 17 yrs and a provider for 9. This poor lil one couldn't even stand. Turned white as a ghost and was shaking up a storm. Whatever hit her hit her hard...and it usually does. I've had her since she was an infant. I can tell when she is sick.

I've also had lil ones with no fever and be ill. I had one with no fever and she had a lung infection! Her symptoms were tiredness and lack of appetite.

Two weeks ago DH and I had the fevers with the stomach bug. I haven't had a fever since I was a kid! Lol

Quoting supercarp:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM
My body hurt so bad I couldn't even sneeze or cough. I thought I was going to die! And nursing my baby was aweful!

Quoting supercarp:

That stomach bug could have been norovirus. They are nasty.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting supercarp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)