• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like I'm being taken advantage of at my job..

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 1 Replies
I work in a dance & music studio as an office receptionist. My boss has 2 children. A boy who is 9 and a girl who is 5. They are both at the studio all afternoon into the evening, which I understand is part of being a small business owner. My problem, however, is that I get asked to do MANY things for her children. On a daily basis, it's - "please make sure daughter goes potty"; "make sure they eat dinner"; "make sure they get to dance/music class"; "can you help daughter in the bathroom?"; "can you change daughter for dance class?" Yesterday she did not ask me to take her to dance, so I didn't realize she needed to go and she missed class. My boss was so mad and wound up having me run around to find a dance instructor to give her a private lesson. I spent an hour taking care of that and not on the tasks I'm actually paid to be there to complete. I get frustrated, because I feel as if she should have told me during the interview that I would be nannying her children in addition to being an office receptionist - I would have asked for a higher pay rate. I don't know how to approach this situation - yesterday really pushed it over the edge for me. I did not think it was right for her to be angry with me for not being able to keep track of her child's schedule. Any time she asks me to bring them, I do. What would you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Wheepingchree
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)